H and R revolver

PDA

Zigzag88
April 10, 2007, 03:36 AM
I have an old H and R 22 revolver from my grandpa that I need some help identifying. It is a 7 shot, break action revolver with a wood handle. On the barrel it says 22 Special. Barrel is 6 inches. Someone once told me it is a Trapper's special, but I can't find any info on that. Any help?

If you enjoyed reading about "H and R revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
THE DRILL INSTRUCTOR
April 10, 2007, 04:44 AM
No model number whatsoever? On my H&R the model number is on the left side of the barrel.

.22 Special? Was that before my time or something?

tbtrout
April 10, 2007, 08:44 AM
I have a Trapper , but it is clearly marked Trapper on the top in front of the rear sight.

Lonestar
April 10, 2007, 11:48 PM
I E-mailed my goofy friend who is a avid H&R collector about your question and he says H&R made a .22 "Special" pistol. Just like the "Trapper" and the "Sporter" It is just the name of the pistol, it should be 22lr, long or short. He never heard of a 7 shot though, he gave me this link;

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Category/326/Harrington-Richardson-Pistols.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "H and R revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!