R. Mika's business must be good!

PDA

KillshotRB
April 10, 2007, 11:42 AM
When I ordered my round cut pocket holster for the 642, he said "10 weeks."

I'm excited to try this configuration, as I've read nothing but rave reviews for his products. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "R. Mika's business must be good!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
earplug
April 10, 2007, 12:10 PM
I have both the round and square type for my J Frames.
Been real happy. Go ahead and order one of each style for various pockets.

HiWayMan
April 10, 2007, 12:54 PM
Glad to hear the man is getting his due. He is a great man to do business with.

DawgFvr
April 10, 2007, 01:11 PM
+ 1 on Mika's holsters. I have one for my Taurus PT145 and my S&W 642.

Usually you need to use Mitch Rosen's "Leather Lightning" on special order leather holsters from "high speed" outfits like High Noon, Milt Sparks, etc., to break them in and loosen them up for drawing purposes. Not so with Mika's holsters. Every weapon just slides right out sooooo easily and presents quicker than any other holster I have. God awful ugly, but they fill your pocket and do not print. Most importantly, they do not absorb sweat/water. This is what the LEOs' carry when they pocket their snubbies. :)

fiVe
April 10, 2007, 01:45 PM
May your turnaround time double to 20 weeks. (You're a great guy with a great product [I have a round-cut!] and you deserve the business.)

KillshotRB
April 10, 2007, 02:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Now wait a minute!!

:D

I just went through eternity waiting for the Sparks VM II for the G30, this one will be much quicker - I think..

MassMark
April 10, 2007, 02:45 PM
I ordered mine on March 31 for my 642 - got an E-mail today saying it shipped. Maybe he's going on vacation - or he's got a huge run going. Either way, for once my timing was good! Mika Round Cut inbound! :D

norfdet893
April 10, 2007, 04:39 PM
I just received my round cut pocket holster from him for my 638. Words can't express how much I like this holster and for the grand sum of 15.00. I plan on ordering another one here shortly and I had mine in about 2 weeks. If you don't have one of his holster, YOU NEED ONE if you pocket carry.

fiVe
April 10, 2007, 04:43 PM
If you don't have one of his holster, YOU NEED ONE if you pocket carry.

I could not say it any better.

Riktoven
April 10, 2007, 05:57 PM
10 weeks?

I ordered a roundcut pocket holster for a 642 from him 5-8 days ago and I got an email from him next day saying it would be in the mail in 8-10 DAYS.
I hope he didn't mean to write 'weeks' instead.

I don't mind carrying the 642 without a holster, but it sure is a goofy draw without one.

cherryriver
April 10, 2007, 06:55 PM
Last time I talked to Bob, he was still holding down his day job as a police chief. One could see how that would cut into the holster-making time.
I have a half-dozen and they're indestructable, and as mentioned above, are sweat-proof.
Maybe the price is too low.
Bill

Riktoven
April 10, 2007, 07:08 PM
If I were him I would at least be charging what the competition does.

$20 - $25

I definately am not a fan of the Nemesis or Uncle Mikes that I looked at, though the price was nice. The Kramer looks ideal, but costs way more than I want to spend on a pocket holster.

If Mika's holster is at least better than the Nemesis (opinion only, no flames please) I'll be happy. It sure looks like a smarter design, I doubt I'll be disappointed.

fiVe
April 10, 2007, 07:15 PM
I doubt I'll be disappointed.

You won't. The more you use it, the more you'll like it.

Lou22
April 10, 2007, 09:29 PM
I have about 6 of his pocket holsters for most of my carry handguns. All fit just right, work right for the draw, and don't print if you don't try to cram them too tight in a pocket.

Whenever I buy a new carry gun, I go to Mika's site, order the holster, pay the $19 or so including shipping, and get it in a week or two. Just can't do better than that. I don't bother with anybody else.

Lou

CARman
April 10, 2007, 11:25 PM
KillshotRB, I'm sure he meant 10 days not 10 weeks. I ordered a round pocket holster for my 642 tonight and he just emailed me that mine would go out in approx. 12 days. :)

HTH

Diamondback
April 11, 2007, 02:31 AM
I echo what everyone else has already said.........it does a nice job hiding the revolver's outline and facilitates a smooth, quick draw. Great pocket holster at a great price !

- regards

KillshotRB
April 11, 2007, 12:41 PM
That's encouraging! I hope that is the case, maybe he's just so busy and mis-spoke. Even if it is 10 weeks, I know it'll be worth the wait, just like my Sparks VM II. I'll be sure to post a pic when I get it. ( like we all don't know what they look like..:o :D )

ArchAngelCD
April 11, 2007, 02:25 PM
KillshotRB,
I bought 2 holsters from him last month, a pocket and an IWB for my J frame. It only took less that 10 days I think. I'm not sure how long it took but I remember thinking it was fast. I guess I caught him at a slow time. When I got them they were perfect and I liked the fact that my name was on the inside of each. (I'm guessing that's so he doesn't mix them up but it still feels like the holster is special) Believe me the wait is worth it. He makes great holsters...

Stainz
April 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
Here are my 296 & 642 in R. Mika's holsters - super product & value.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Stainz_2007/IMG_0206.jpg

Stainz

El Rocoso
April 13, 2007, 02:01 AM
I agree wholeheartedly that the Mika pocket rigs are outstanding. I've gotten three from him and carry one with a 642 daily. I can get a firing grip on the piece in my pocket without calling any attention to the fact that I'm carrying. I can draw faster than with just about anything else I have.

field70
April 13, 2007, 02:19 PM
Have one for Smith J frame, and one for PPK...They do the job as good, if not better, as any out there..will have one of his IWB's shortly..it shipped yesterday.

308win
April 13, 2007, 02:26 PM
I have round and square cut pocket and IWB all for J-frame. Great products, great person to do business with. He makes products for FBI (and maybe others) and sometimes get really busy but I would expect he meant 10 days not 10 weeks.

Remchoke
April 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
I ordered my Mika round cut pocket holster for my Bersa and had it in two weeks. It works great! I have a Bersa CC 380 and tried my friend's Nemisis (he has a Bersa CC 380 as well) and there is no comparison. The Mika holster stays put in your pocket, conceals your weapon and you don't pull your pant leg half way up your leg when drawing your weapon like other holsters. I would recommend one to anyone who pocket carries!

rickr44318
April 14, 2007, 11:48 AM
Dittos! I've used a Mika holster for my 642 and it has been great in jeans, Dockers and coat pockets. You will be glad you have it.

cheeseinwisconsin
April 14, 2007, 03:52 PM
Hello Everyone,
Just want to thank everyone for their kind remarks. I feel honored and humbled
for all of your comments. Thought I would clarify the question about delivery time. It won't be ten weeks unless I slip on a banana peel, but rather currently the turn around time for shipping is around two weeks from the time I receive the order. I want to apologize to the gentleman "killshotrb" if I said ten weeks and to make amends, I would like to provide him with his holster for free if he would contact me and advise me as to his name.

Most Cordially,
Robert Mika

P.S. Each customer deserves to have his or her name inscribed in their holster because each one that I make is special and I want my customers to feel that way. That my friends is how I truly feel about my holsters.

fiVe
April 14, 2007, 04:56 PM
I want to apologize to the gentleman "killshotrb" if I said ten weeks and to make amends, I would like to provide him with his holster for free if he would contact me and advise me as to his name.

Most Cordially,
Robert Mika

P.S. Each customer deserves to have his or her name inscribed in their holster because each one that I make is special and I want my customers to feel that way. That my friends is how I truly feel about my holsters.

Now we all have first-hand knowledge straight from the source about why a Robert Mika holster is the absolute best.

This IS a special day for the Revolver forum. Thanks so much for posting, Robert. (and it was his very first post.)

17poundr
April 14, 2007, 05:03 PM
Where does he operate from??? As you see Mika, is a Finnish name, and I wondered if you order the items from Finland??? If not, and it's in the USA, maybe he is an immigrant, or a descendant of Finnish immigrants, there is a thriving Finnish ex-pat community in Florida, and the 'old breed' of immigrants who came especially during the starvation years of arround 1860, settled very much in Milwaulkee, and somewhere in the north too, cannot remember, is Milwaulkee what they call the 'dairy state'? That's the place.

Anyway, please give me the contact info for Mika, for is he is a Finn living in the US, I would very much appreciate a chanche to ask a fiew questions from him.

Yours truly, Mr Poundr.

P.S. please go to my
'fancy handgun vs carbine-rifle of same price' topic at; http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=269571

Cheers, Mr poundr.

MassMark
April 14, 2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks for posting Mr. Mika. I have not received my holster yet, but got an E-Mail the other day saying it was shipped - I can't wait. Your service is awesome! I'm checking the mail with anticipation. Be prepared for another order and thanks again for posting with us!

Mark

**EDIT** Just used the tracking feature to check the status - It's Here!!! - and I was too lazy to get off my butt and go down to the PO this morning! Patriots Day in Massachusetts Monday, so I'll have to pick it up Tuesday morning! Thanks again Mr. Mika!

fiVe
April 14, 2007, 06:31 PM
17poundr: You will find Robert Mika's contact info >>here<< (http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/).

MR.G
April 14, 2007, 11:14 PM
Mika's makes the best pocket holsters. I am going to order another one now while I am thinking about it.

The Lone Haranguer
April 14, 2007, 11:24 PM
I'm going to give Mr. Mika a whirl. :cool:

Bob F.
April 14, 2007, 11:35 PM
Me too!

jad0110
April 14, 2007, 11:45 PM
Robert,

Thank you so much for posting. You are a class act and I wish you the best in all your endeavors!

I used to carry my 642 in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Nice, but it started to print after a few months of use. Plus, the Uncle Mikes wouldn't always stay in the pocket and reholstering was out of the question.

But your holster, all I can say is, WOW! For less than $20 with shipping ... you just don't get deals like that very often. I love your holster because:

1. They don't print at all (just looks like a good sized wallet)
2. They don't absorb sweat/moisture, keeping my 642 as happy as can be :D
3. Drawing is extremely fast and easy
4. Reholstering is a breeze
5. My name is on the inside (very nice touch)
6. Extremely well made and durable - I bet it lasts longer than my 642!
7. Affordable
8. Some think they aren't pretty, but I think it is cool looking
9. Makes it feel like I'm carrying a second wallet and not a snubbie (so comfy!)
10. Robert is an absolute pleasure to do business with - I wish there were more out there like you!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/jad0110/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20Model%20642%2038%20Special/Large/642_12-3.jpg

DAdams
April 14, 2007, 11:48 PM
Guess I better get one before the price goes up. :rolleyes: 642 is tired of sharing the Nemesis.

Maybe one for my Kahr PM9 too. Anyone else try one for their small auto?

Needs more elves on the sewing machines. :D

Mr. Mika have you done them for the Kahr PM9?

ArchAngelCD
April 15, 2007, 03:42 AM
DAdams,
If Mr. Mika doesn't make a standard pocket holster for the Kahr PM9 you can always order a Custom Holster by choosing "Design Your Own Pocket Holster"
http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/order.html

The PM9 looks like an easy design without any strange angles or bends, give him a call and I'm sure you will get exactly what you want. (608) 627-1152

17poundr
April 15, 2007, 04:45 AM
Good (what is the name in English for them, ah yes!) HOLSTERS! :p

Simple, with that rounded, comfortable feel. And that is all what matters, that they stay in place, keep the gun in when wanted, and give it out when wanted, and, that they are as if they arent there at all!

Make's gor a good pshychological defence too, if wanting to be a consealed carrier, you are so comfortable with it, that normally you forget you are wearing one, a good thing for any kind of cituation where you do not want people to know you are carrying...

Stainz
April 15, 2007, 08:47 AM
They are so efficient in reducing the apparent size/shape of my 296 in my pocket, I am tempted to try one for one of my 4" 625 Mountain Guns in .45 Colt! Seriously, the sum of his holster and my 296 seems to take up less room than the gun alone! The real benefit is it aligns the grip for a quick retrieval. The hammerless (Okay, enclosed hammer!) 296, like my more recent acquisition, my 642, really come out of pocket cleanly from his holsters... his design is well thought out. Glad to have met you on the 'net - and see you here, Mr. Mika!

Stainz

wera72
April 15, 2007, 12:58 PM
Great service, great price, great product, great to do business with. I carry a 642 in a Mika round cut every day.

How nice it would be if more people / companies conducted their business the way Mr. Mika does!!

jad0110
April 15, 2007, 02:19 PM
To add to what I've already posted, I looked at my Mika round cut holster yesterday and discovered why it is sooooooo comfortable: the holster has conformed itself exactly to the shape of my leg! No sharp edges or pressure points, it really is like it's not even there.

It feels a little bulky at first, but give it time. It shrinks with each wearing ;) .

Holydoc
April 15, 2007, 02:20 PM
Robert Mika,

After that post to the forum member, you definitely have my pocket holster business for life!

I too have one of Robert's fine holsters (received it last month) and am very satisfied with it. The name is the holster was a class act. Though I posted them before, here are the pictures again of this fine holster for my 642.

http://members.cox.net/holydoc/Gun/SnubinHolster.jpg

and out of holster:

http://members.cox.net/holydoc/Gun/SnubOutofHolster.jpg

Thanks again Robert Mika!

KillshotRB
April 15, 2007, 04:03 PM
You've got a pm. :) Welcome to THR, and thanks for the generous offer!

Serpico
April 15, 2007, 06:49 PM
I have one and they are great...I honestly can't see why anyone would spend 50-75 bucks on a pocket holster when you can get everything you need for 20 bucks shipped...

dcludwig
April 15, 2007, 08:43 PM
Ordered two myself yesterday for my 642 (1 rounded, 1 square - I wear a lot of styles of pants!) I've heard nothing but good things about the holsters and am eagerly waiting their arrival!

CARman
April 19, 2007, 08:06 PM
KillshotRB, have you received your R. Mika pocket holster yet ? :)

KillshotRB
April 21, 2007, 03:46 PM
and now officially own a R. Mika round cut pocket holster for the 642! Great workmanship. Thanks for his recommendation everyone. :D

DawgFvr
April 21, 2007, 03:55 PM
I have one made for my 642, my Taurus PT145 and Kel Tek P3AT. Awesome, quick drawers...

Riktoven
April 21, 2007, 09:20 PM
I've been using mine for a couple of weeks now. It's definatley top notch in the bang for the buck department. I like having my money go to good people.

It's still a little puffy, so I think I might wrap the holstered gun in rubber bands for a couple of days to see if that doesn't shrink it some.

It puts the grip of the gun a bit too high for me to use with some of my pants with shallower pockets, but man is it ever easier to draw fast.

Definately better than everything else I've looked at under $60. Very nice Robert!

CARman
April 23, 2007, 09:24 PM
I finally received my R. Mika round cut holster for my S&W 642 today. I couldn't be happier with it. :D Good fit and great workmanship.:)

Now I'm waiting on a square cut to arrive.;)

ArchAngelCD
April 23, 2007, 09:34 PM
Guys, don't forget about his IWB holsters. They are top notch too and for only $21.95. (with or without a top strap)

depicts
April 23, 2007, 09:37 PM
As good as his holsters are, Robert Mika is even better. He's a gentleman, honest beyond belief, and a skilled craftsman.

I've dealt with Robert several times now. The biggest problem I have is he constantly gives things away. If you tell him not to, he says... "This is my business and I'll run it the way I choose."

A man like this deserves success.

Like someone here said, the holster has formed to my leg. It's gotten more comfortable every day, to the point I don't even notice now. I have complete faith the gun will not be noticed.

I have three versions, round, square, and inside waistband. They all work great.

Can't say enough about this man or his holsters.

Bill

field70
April 23, 2007, 09:48 PM
The biggest problem I have is he constantly gives things away. If you tell him not to, he says... "This is my business and I'll run it the way I choose."

We had a miscommunication on my order for 2 pocket holsters..He insisted on giving me one of his IWB's to "make amends"..I told him he had no reason to make amends, but he wanted to give it to me anyway...it arrived a few days ago and it is an outstanding holster..and he is an outstanding person.

The pocket holster's, one for a PPK, and one for a J frame are as good as they get.

fiVe
April 23, 2007, 10:22 PM
Robert is the real deal. I'm glad this thread exists so he can get his proper due.

crankshop1000
April 24, 2007, 11:16 AM
I just ordered from him and he sent me an email saying 2 weeks. Not a problem for me. Sounds like a real stand up guy. He is enjoying some time off for family duties.

If you enjoyed reading about "R. Mika's business must be good!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!