165g Partitions for 30 06

PDA

Coltdriver
April 10, 2007, 08:25 PM
I went and got a box of Nosler Partitions for my 06. Boy the price has sure gone up on those! I guess between the increase in the value of copper and the cost of fuel that the price is up a good 25% over last year.

And the powder has gone up a bit too! A pound of H4831 was over $20!

At almost $60 for bullets and powder I am approaching commercial ammo cost but I confess to having not priced that either so I may be off on that claim.

I am going to try working up to a Waters Pet load for this powder and bullet combo for my Model 70. I will post some results here later this year (prior to hunting season).

If you enjoyed reading about "165g Partitions for 30 06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ROCKSHUND
April 10, 2007, 09:12 PM
If you're talking about a pound of powder, and 100 (2 boxes) of those Noslers for $60, you are waaaaay ahead of the game pricewise versus buying 5 boxes of commercial equivalent ammunition. I do hope that a single 50 count box of those Noslers didn't cost $40!! Remember, you're loading Premium grade ammunition. Check around... -FNR.

Coltdriver
April 11, 2007, 07:48 PM
I reload exactly so that I can get great ammo and a load tuned to my rifle so I ain't trying to save money.

But I was really surprised at the increase in price for bullets and powder! I think the powder was about $21 or $22 and the bullets were $32 and change, Close enough!

If you enjoyed reading about "165g Partitions for 30 06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!