Put a Sig P226 on Layaway..

PDA

defjon
April 12, 2007, 11:31 AM
So I guess I ought to join the Sig club. I love the way it feels in the hand. Not quite as nice as the P225...but this Sig was in such better condition, and came with five mags to boot. Total was $485, included original box and paper work, and of course those five mags. The slide and furnishings don't show much wear at all! I'm pretty excited, but I don't know much about sigs. I needed a new 9mm. Was that a pretty good deal?

Some day when I have *disposable* income, I would like to get a 225...I think it feels better in my hand than almost any other gun I've picked up! I just couldn't justify 399 + tax for a single stack 9mm, no extra gear or mags, and amazing amounts of holster wear :(. Its big brother the P226 holds a lot more rounds and fits my hand NEARLY as well :). But, someday!

If you enjoyed reading about "Put a Sig P226 on Layaway.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Law
April 12, 2007, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the Dark side! :evil:

For parts, accessories, etc., check out http://www.topgunsupply.com/

1KPerDay
April 12, 2007, 12:37 PM
Good price on a GREAT pistol. Congrats!:cool:

prolanman
April 12, 2007, 01:51 PM
You got a good deal on a nice gun. Enjoy.

Lonestar49
April 12, 2007, 02:53 PM

I think you're gonna think it was even a better deal the day you get it, clean and oil it, then take it to the range and fire it.

I can tell you that my Sig P229R CT 9mm was almost a wet dream come true, in that, not only will you find it accurate with group shots, but you'll find that the decock (only) position is most reassuring, both in how it decocks and, that if you need to decock back from SA to DA, you won't have to compromise your/a proper 2-hand grip to do it.

Sweet dreams.. lol

LS

defjon
April 12, 2007, 06:18 PM
You're absolutely right, I do love the decock function. I read somewhere that Sig won the Homeland Security contract...had to survive something like a 250k round test to do it :eek: . They must be pretty tough!

Of all the service type pistols (Glock, Beretta, etc) I've always been partial to Sig!

Can't wait to put it through the paces! Just gotta sell this XD first :cool:

RH822
April 12, 2007, 08:08 PM
I pick up my first Sig tomorrow, it's also a P226.

RH

If you enjoyed reading about "Put a Sig P226 on Layaway.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!