Baby Desert Eagle 9mm?

PDA

sonofagun
April 12, 2007, 02:52 PM
Considering a Baby Desert Eagle, 9mm for inexpensive range shooting. Any pros or cons?

If you enjoyed reading about "Baby Desert Eagle 9mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Desk Jockey
April 12, 2007, 05:51 PM
I have the Baby Eagle 45. It's heavy, but I like that for range shooting. The only drawback I've come across is that there isn't much available for accessories. Not a big deal to me, but could be to others.

If you search this forum for "Baby Eagle", you'll find a fair amount of info.

MikePGS
April 12, 2007, 05:53 PM
One of the moderators here, George Hill did a review on these pistols for a gun magazine http://madogre.com/dream/MR%20Baby%20Eagles.pdf . He seems to like them a great deal.

MustangHowie
April 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
My wife has the .40 and we both enjoy it. I am looking for a 9mm.

Flame Red
April 13, 2007, 10:59 AM
My Brother-in-Law got a 9mm one and likes it very much. As the other said, accessories are hard to find (like holsters). He did have some light primer strikes that did not go bang until the second time around.

D-Man
April 13, 2007, 12:46 PM
You should be able to find a bunch of threads on the Baby Eagle using the search feature.

Short story is I had no problems with mine. There are some potential negatives, but it's all personal preference.

hexidismal
April 13, 2007, 12:48 PM
I just bought one of the chrome finished semi-compacts in .40 , but it takes my county a full month to revise the permit so I can pick it up. When I've got it in my hands though, and have had a chance to range test it I would post a report.

Heavy Metal Hero
April 13, 2007, 12:51 PM
It is one of the crisper guns I have shot in 9mm. Even the polymer framed one is easy to shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Baby Desert Eagle 9mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!