Frankford tumbler R.I.P.

PDA

joneb
April 12, 2007, 10:21 PM
The Frankford just quit so I took it back to Sportsman's Warehouse, I've had it for 3-4 months and I was told that satisfaction was only guaranteed for 30 days and I was on my own :mad: so a manager was summoned, he reluctantly agreed to a exchange. I made my way back to the tumbler isle, the Frankford was out of stock :( so I grabbed a Hornady 1 gal tumble and paid the $ 15 difference. I am glad it worked out this way the Hornady tumbler is 1/2 the noise and does not annoy me when it running :) I do miss the inline switch on the Frankford, which may have been the reason for the failure.

If you enjoyed reading about "Frankford tumbler R.I.P." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pumpkinheaver
April 12, 2007, 10:54 PM
I have had one for several years it has the Midway brand name, it predates the frankort brand name. I have never had a problem with it. Hell I even forgot about it once and ran it for a week!!! No problem. Brass was really shiney too!!!:D

MinnMooney
April 12, 2007, 11:24 PM
I've got one with the Midway logo on it, also. I bought it used and have put 2000+ rounds thru it at 100-200 per session. I like shiny brass so I'll let it run outside for 3-7 hours each time. No problems with it. The previous owner had it for several years.
FYI - I kinda like to use TufNut media over corncob as it brightens the brass faster. More static electricity though. :cool:

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
April 13, 2007, 06:38 AM
Had you contacted Midway/Frankford, they would have repaired it for you. I don't know where you got thirty days at, but the warranty on those as far as I know has been lifetime for those I've heard about who contacted Midway/Frankford, regardless of the problem.

I've had the same one for 6-7 years. No problems. If it does fail, I'll call Midway for repairs/parts/replacement.

Regards,

Dave

Idano
April 13, 2007, 09:02 AM
Yep, the Midway/Frankford products are warranted for lifetime. My tumbler is a Midway Model 1292 that has served me for years without a single issue. In 1998 there was recall fire hazard but I have turned mine in yet, I am waiting until it gets a little older.

clown714
April 13, 2007, 09:16 AM
my midway tumbler died last year:(

it had the life time warranty.

shipped it back and was replaced w\the frankfort.

IIRC they only come with a 2 yr.warr.

pls. correct me if i'm wrong.

clown

Ifishsum
April 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
My Frankfort tumbler rattled itself apart the first time I used it. All the nuts holding the motor to the bowl loosened up or fell off and it made a lot of noise - luckily I caught it early. I Put it back together with loc-tite and it's been fine ever since, but shouldn't have to do that with new equipment IMO.

Seven High
April 13, 2007, 07:55 PM
I bought a Frankford tumbler combination at a gun show recently. It was defective out of the box. I believe that the off/on switch is defective. I had to send it back to the factory in Missouri. I am still waiting for it to return.:mad:

GP100man
April 13, 2007, 11:27 PM
bought mine at a gun show in 83 clean & lube it twice a year with g96 or 3in1 oil. its a midway1292 model& ive forgotten it for a couple days but it was fine ,not even warm!!

GP100man:)

Peter M. Eick
April 14, 2007, 08:21 AM
I retired my midway 1292 this winter and upgraded to a thumbler's tumbler. Yes it was expensive, but I was shocked at the quietness, and how much quicker it cleaned the brass then the 1292. Either way I will keep my old midway around for those small jobs. I think mine has been going around 12 years so I am glad I did not buy another frankford to supplement it.

tbtrout
April 14, 2007, 08:22 PM
I have been running my 1292 for the last 3 days cleaning a lot of old brass I had lying around. I have had it for about 12 +/- years now and it still works great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Frankford tumbler R.I.P." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!