Stolen gun (Smith & Wesson # 5K17745)

PDA

Kenneth Lew
April 13, 2007, 02:40 AM
I was a victim of an aggravated robbery several months ago by a gang. One of the several things not recovered was a:

Smith & Wesson revolver
38 special, 4 inch barrel stainless steel
Edge of the barrel has a melt mark due to it hitting a live socket.
Serial # 5K17745 (serial number entered in NCIC)

http://home.swbell.net/k100355/Smith___Wesson_Internet.jpg

Not sure of the model number.
Please don't ask for details, I have not gone to court yet, it was a violent encounter.

Possibly in the Gulf Coast Area of Texas.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stolen gun (Smith & Wesson # 5K17745)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Waywatcher
April 13, 2007, 03:13 AM
Dang!

Best wishes on recovering your gun and may justice be served in court.

Free bump too. :)

Leanwolf
April 13, 2007, 01:38 PM
It's the late, great Model 15, formerly known as the "Combat Masterpiece."

Good luck.

L.W.

doubleg
April 13, 2007, 01:53 PM
There is nothing more sad than a gun being taken from its owner. How many sleepless nights have you had? :(

sorensen440
April 14, 2007, 01:56 PM
Im really sorry to hear about your loss
hopefully they catch the scumbag

SaxonPig
April 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
Leanwolf- it's stainless so it's a Model 67 not a 15 which would be blue or nickel.

Good luck, sorry for your loss, but the odds on anyone here seeing this gun and recalling your post are somewhere between slim and none.

I feel your pain. In 1986 I had 23 guns stolen from my home. To date 4 have been recovered. If it was stolen in So. Texas I can almost guarantee it's in Mexico right now riding in the waistband of some drug dealer. With Mexico's severe gun control they arm themselves by stealing guns in the U.S. My guns were stolen in CA and the criminals were caught and stated that most of the guns were taken to Mexico and traded for drugs.

H23gsr
April 14, 2007, 02:48 PM
Yea I feel your pain as well. I had a "friend" steal a Auto Ordnance WWII replica 1911 from me. Luckily he was dumb enough to pawn it. It was recovered about 5 days later but took about 5 months to get back from detectives. (Just got it back last week) He still hasn't been charged with anything!:fire: What I don't get it that here in Texas if you steal a gun from an individual it is only a state jail felony. But if you steal said gun from ffl, ATF get involved and it's a whole new ball game.

Kenneth Lew
April 15, 2007, 02:01 AM
There is more to this story. I made the news alright. I will wait till all its all over.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stolen gun (Smith & Wesson # 5K17745)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!