Anybody know anything about the new BRNO Mauser sporters?

PDA

goon
June 14, 2003, 09:16 PM
I was looking one over in .270WIN the other day and it seemed like a pretty solid rifle. It has the characteristic M98 Mauser bank-vault feeling lock up. The only strike against it is that it doesn't have open sights, but that could be remedied.
Anyhow, are these made by CZ?
Anyone know anything about them?
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody know anything about the new BRNO Mauser sporters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nextjoe
June 15, 2003, 12:43 AM
Do you mean the ones being imported by EAA?

If so, my understanding is that they're halfway-sporterized milsurps in cheap plastic stocks.

Best,
Joe

goon
June 15, 2003, 02:28 AM
To be honest, you could very well be right. They are only priced at $300, and almost any rifle built on a Mauser action should be worth that. I will have to do a little more research.

SCarruth
June 15, 2003, 04:18 PM
THere was an article in the American Rifleman about it. Run a search on www.thefiringline.com. I think the general consensus has been that the rifles are new and made by BRNO.

I had the opportunity to examine one and it did not look like a sporterized milsurp.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody know anything about the new BRNO Mauser sporters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!