Taurus 851

PDA

TonyB
April 14, 2007, 09:35 PM
A buddy just got a Taurus 851(snubby 38 w/ shrouded hammer)and we took it through it's paces today.Not scientific in any way.....we shot from different distances at an IDPA target.It's right on the money at self defense distances.we shot som whimpy wad cutters,some 135 gr gold dots +p,and some 158 gr. nyclads +p....the gun was flawless.
I was shooting my 642,which I can only do about 100 rds. before my hand bothers me...then I shot his for a while..I must say I like the fact that you CAN cock the hammer if you want.
All in all a a good little gun...he was happy.
(we probably put 150 rds through his gun.)
and BTW his trigger is waaaay better than the one on the 642.Go figure.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 851" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1 old 0311
April 15, 2007, 06:57 AM
Love mine.

mugsie
April 15, 2007, 10:09 AM
Love mine too. It's my carry gun. Every other week I go to the range and put 50 - 100 rounds of wad cutters (158g) through it so I don't lose the feel. I can shoot this gun all day long. I cary it with +P ammo and shoot those about once a month or so - no problem with the recoil. The grips dampen everything. For the money it can't be beat. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 851" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!