Lake City Loading the .40 S&W?

PDA

nvrquit
April 15, 2007, 10:29 PM
The other day I was culling the range brass that I've picked up after several matches recently and ran across something that I'd not seen before. I discovered a single piece of .40 S&W brass that has a headstamp of LC and the caliber/nomenclature(40 S&W).

Up to this point, I was unaware that Lake City is or had been loading .40 S&W ammo. Can anyone share a bit of info on this topic?

If you enjoyed reading about "Lake City Loading the .40 S&W?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
April 16, 2007, 12:43 AM
It's possible, since the Coast Guard adopted the caliber for their new Sig sidearms. I wasn't aware that Lake City had ever loaded .38 Special until recently, but found several pieces of LC .38 brass in some I bought awhile back.

The local Coast Guard units have been shooting Winchester Non-Toxic loads in the Sigs. I'll keep an eye out for what they shoot in the future.

Hope this helps.

Fred

If you enjoyed reading about "Lake City Loading the .40 S&W?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!