Taurus Tracker grip replacements

PDA

44and45
April 17, 2007, 12:47 AM
Any Taurus Tracker 5 shooters have a set of Pachmayr rubber grips on them. :confused:

Does Pachmayr even make them for the Tracker, mine's a .45 Colt caliber.

The taurus has a long bolt running up through the bottom of their grip, does not have a side mounted screw like most grip makes.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus Tracker grip replacements" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
steelhead
April 17, 2007, 01:00 AM
Hogue makes a rubber monogrip.

iostorm
April 17, 2007, 05:32 PM
use the hogue 73000 you will like it......

44and45
April 17, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hey, I looked them Hogue 73,000 grips up, they do look great.

Thanks for the tip, will be getting some soon I hope.

Jim :)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/73000Ltaurustrackergrips.jpg

STORMIN29
April 17, 2007, 08:27 PM
I just purchased the Hogue mongrip and am having a problem lining up the screw hole. I wish someone would make wood grips for the Tracker series.

44and45
April 17, 2007, 09:35 PM
Stormin29, did you contact Hogue about grip bolt not linening up??? :confused:

I contacted Hogue in California this morning, trying to find out what would fit my Taurus tracker which is a .45 Colt caliber. They seemed to think a M-450 would work OK, but checking my gun's frame it says 460...they never heard of such a number.

I also asked them about the grip's bolt not linning up with the frame's thread. They recomended heating the grips to where they become a bit soft and plyable. Use heat source like a hair drier blow gun.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus Tracker grip replacements" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!