Viriginia Tech Shooting using a Glock 9mm

PDA

Mr. Magnum
April 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
just feel afraid that our "right to bear arms" may be put on the spotlight again just because of some mis-usage. just sad it had to happen that way.

(based on the news re the 23 yr.old student named Cho Seung-Hui using a Glock 9mm with multiple magazine clips)

i just feel for the families of the dearly departed. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Viriginia Tech Shooting using a Glock 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
earplug
April 17, 2007, 11:08 AM
The rights of the students were violated. The school made weapons illegal.
Thats the point, don't forget it.

DawgFvr
April 17, 2007, 11:21 AM
Even off-duty LEO are not allowed to carry on that campus. Shame. Gun-free University Campus laws just do not work. Law abiding citizens with CCW permits should have the right for self protection. I also have problems with laws that stop me from carrying in National Parks.

MarshallDodge
April 17, 2007, 11:35 AM
Violence did not begin on the day the gun was invented. Cain did not kill Abel with a gun.

I agree with earplug. Taking away our freedom does not make us safer.

whited
April 17, 2007, 11:41 AM
The RKBA does not have a "right to massacre folks" clause.

At no point are the two issues related.

KillshotRB
April 17, 2007, 11:43 AM
+1. It would have only taken one student legally carrying, or even better an armed professor to possibly take out the SOB coward. Hard lesson learned indeed.

Gordon
April 17, 2007, 01:32 PM
If only I'd been there with my Colt Agent REVOLVER ......

A Revolver forum, not general firearms, legal or semis. Ought to be tighter immigration control IMHO.

Mr. Magnum
April 17, 2007, 01:39 PM
racial motivated? what you all think?

ArchAngelCD
April 17, 2007, 01:44 PM
Have you noticed not one news report has said the handguns were legal? That leads me to believe they were illegal and nobody wants to tell us that because it will kill the anti-gun agenda.

DrLaw
April 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
The guns had the serial numbers filed off. That makes them per se illegal.

Also, as far as a hate crime, they found letters in this guys' room talking about hating 'rich' kids. This was a social status based hate crime.

The Doc is out now.

dcludwig
April 17, 2007, 02:44 PM
This much is certain.... The freak came onto campus KNOWING he would be the only armed person and that he would meet no resistance. If the law-abiding students had the right to carry-conceal, he just MIGHT have thought twice.

universal
April 17, 2007, 03:28 PM
Both guns seem to have been legally purchased.

Mal H
April 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
We don't need a thread in the Revolver forum for this topic, please add any comments to one of the ongoing threads in General Discussion.

If you enjoyed reading about "Viriginia Tech Shooting using a Glock 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!