Tax return came in! 442 question...

PDA

Dgreno
April 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
I need some advice from those of you in the know. My local gun shop has a S&W 442 for $429 "on sale" I have no problem paying a little more to support this shop because it has been in business in my area for almost 50 years and I like the tradition of keeping it going. But does this seem like a good price after factoring that in? The next gun shop of choice has them for $399 but its about an hour away where the closer one is 5 min up the road (I'm factoring in gas cost at ~$3.00/gal!).
What do you guys think??
Thanks in advance for your response!!
Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "Tax return came in! 442 question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ARTiger
April 17, 2007, 12:11 PM
That's about $60 more than at Bud's Gun Shop (a well known internet discounter). http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/72/products_id/26306

Factor in shipping and transfer fee to your local FFL versus sales tax. I did the same and bought local on a 642 for about $40 more than Bud's and Academy Sports had them advertised.

whited
April 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
Seems like a no brainer to me.

Support your smaller, local shop .
Don't waste time and gas traveling out of a perception of saving a couple
bucks. You won't be saving anything.

my $.04

If you enjoyed reading about "Tax return came in! 442 question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!