VT killings increase gun-related internet site traffic

PDA

Monkeyleg
April 18, 2007, 03:38 AM
I don't mean to be morbid. Moreover, I don't profit from ocassional jumps in traffic to my site.

But I was absolutely amazed to find that traffic to my gun-related site went from 5500 to 6000 a day to 6200 visitors on Monday, and then to slightly over 8,000 visitors yesterday. That's a record for one day.

I don't sell guns on my site. I just post manufacturers' photos and descriptions. And I sell advertising to gun stores.

Four of the five store owners I talked to today said business was booming. Most owners recently have told me the same thing, and attributed the increased sales to fear of HR 1022.

I guess the Virginia Tech shootings have made the idea of gun bans even more plausible to the typical gun owners.

If you enjoyed reading about "VT killings increase gun-related internet site traffic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "VT killings increase gun-related internet site traffic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!