reloading bench in garage with sloping floor

PDA

chickenfried
April 18, 2007, 04:22 AM
Thinking of putting a reloading setup in my garage. But the floor slopes downward from the backyard to the garage door. Is this something I need to be concerned about? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "reloading bench in garage with sloping floor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BsChoy
April 18, 2007, 04:56 AM
I have the same issue in my garage..my bench is made to correct for that and as long as you level it properly you'll be fine. If it isn't level your scale will not be accurate.

jms92
April 18, 2007, 07:43 AM
If you spill shot at least you'll know where it went.... Instead of having all over my loading room like I do.. :)

okeybug
April 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
I had that problem but put pieces of lumber underneath two of the legs to shore up the top with a level. If you use a balance beam type scale, its even more important that your surface is level.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
April 18, 2007, 01:38 PM
Use adjustable feet on your bench to level your bench. Do the same thing with your stool if you use one of those and you should be ok.

Regards,

Dave

Gnarkill
April 20, 2007, 07:48 PM
Watch your scale if it's a beam. My bench has a small bow in it and I made a bunch of rounds that were light because my scale wasn't reading properly. I would shim the legs with some thin wood if I were you.

If you enjoyed reading about "reloading bench in garage with sloping floor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!