Changing Corporate NO WEAPONS Policy

PDA

eric.cartman
April 18, 2007, 01:07 PM
Very well, I'll start (Admins, I hope this is the right place for this).

We all know how lax FL (my state of residence) gun laws are. My CCW took only few weeks to get. I can carry in most places. BUT...

I work for a large software company in South FL. They have no weapons policy. Basically, if I bring ANY weapon onto company property, I will most likely loose the job, although this, if passed, will help: http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/index.cfm?Mode=Bills&Submenu=1&BI_Mode=ViewBillInfo&Billnum=1417&Year=2007

We all know that a gun, locked in my car (assuming the above passes) is useless. And right now I don't even dare to keep one in my car, I REALLY like my job and I would hate to loose it.

What can I do?
How can I approach the HR and/or policy makers?
Has anyone attempted this with positive result? If so, how?

If you enjoyed reading about "Changing Corporate NO WEAPONS Policy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ctdonath
April 18, 2007, 01:16 PM

Correia
April 18, 2007, 01:17 PM
Eric, the place to debate and come up with ideas is in L&P. Sorry for the confusion.

The goal of activisim is a place for us to gather behind ideas, and push them forward. This is going to be a "working" forum.

If you enjoyed reading about "Changing Corporate NO WEAPONS Policy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!