Durbin is at it again.

PDA

Onmilo
April 18, 2007, 11:37 PM
In an interview with MSNBC this morning Illinois Senator Dick Durbin made remarks to the extent,
' Because the Democrats remain a minority in the Senate and as long as the current Administration remains in power there will be no way to correct this situation of gun violence in this country, this will continue for at least another year and a half with no end in sight.'

He then went on to rant about how we need to pull troops out of Iraq,

Do not for one second believe the Democrat power brokers that control the voting decisions of junior Democrats are on your side.
Do not believe for one second that the junior members, no matter how pro gun they sound to their constituants will not change their tune if the Power Broker senior members gain majority in the House and Senate.

Politics in this country has been shown to be a career ending endeavor should one choose to not tow the party line.

Be warned.

If you enjoyed reading about "Durbin is at it again." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2TransAms
April 18, 2007, 11:53 PM
Durbin just confirmed what I've said before. We won't see any push for gun control/registration/confiscation until we get the next President...they're just biding their time. They'd take 'em right now if they could. So don't say Bush is 100% evil,he's at least keeping the gun-snatchers in check.

JWarren
April 19, 2007, 12:00 AM
Durbin just confirmed what I've said before. We won't see any push for gun control/registration/confiscation until we get the next President...they're just biding their time. They'd take 'em right now if they could.

Moreover, they are setting themselves up for a coupe de grace' politically. They have thier eyes set on full control of the House, Senate, and Oval Office in '08. This will be followed by activist judge appointments if possible.

This very interview was setting it up. The implication is that Bush being in the White House prevents them from "saving the children." When it gets closer to '08, expect them to remind us of this. Expect them to also point out that legislation such as HR 1022 was out there prior to VT but was held up in committee.

They will be trying to set them up and knock them down systematically. I know-- that is what *I* would do.

Forewarning is Forearming. Be ready and Be Vigilent all-- but equally as important-- BE VOCAL!

All the best!

John

Ratzinger_p38
April 19, 2007, 12:13 AM
Guys youre doing the 'sky is falling' stuff again. If there was a solidly Democratic Congress you might see more gun control. But it isnt popular. Something like 1/4 of the country owns a gun. Howard Dean may be a flaming liberal but he is the head of the party and he knows it hurts WAY more than it helps. Bill Clinton saw this too, of course he was 10 times more moderate than whats up there now for 08. Back in the 70/80s the democrats actively pushed for a handgun ban. Other than a couple of loons (Dennis the Menace in Ohio), you hear almost nothing about that now - and depriving people the right to defend themselves (CCL) would be highly unpopular.

You might see some regisration scheme, but bans or literal gun grabbing will not happen. Not even McCarthy advocated that.

gc70
April 19, 2007, 12:18 AM
Expect them to also point out that legislation such as HR 1022 was out there prior to VT but was held up in committee.I don't think that legislation being held up in a Democrat-controlled committee will count as much of a selling point.

JWarren
April 19, 2007, 12:21 AM
Rat,

I don't think we are seeing the "sky falling." From my post, I was predicting tactical steps in a PR campaign. It is no secret that the overall leadership of the Democrats would like to see more gun legislation-- most have made no secret of that in the past.

What people are doing is recognizing the game plan of the overall party. Make no mistake about it, political parties do push thier overall agenda. Everyone does it. Believing that they have completely changed their tune is short-sighted.

If I am wrong, I will be happy.

John

JWarren
April 19, 2007, 12:24 AM
I don't think that legislation being held up in a Democrat-controlled committee will count as much of a selling point.

In crafting a message, some facts will often be overlooked. They will gloss over that point and make some kind of statement that Bush is in the White House.

All disinterested people will remember is Democrats introduced legislation but couldn't get it passed under Bush. The facts don't matter if they take too long to sort out for most people. This is used, and often.

John

Ratzinger_p38
April 19, 2007, 12:25 AM
JWarren,

I understand, but too often these threads develop into tinfoil hat-ery with things like "THIS IS PART OF THE DEMOCRATS SECRET PLAN TO TAKE ALL OUR GUNS".

I hope not either.

Onmilo
April 19, 2007, 09:12 AM
Guys,,, the point I am trying to make is that Democratic plan isn't so secret.
I am a centerist Republican, I admit that.
Some things the Democrats are in favor of I agree with but make no bones about this fact.
Powerful long term Democratic Senators and Representatives are vocally in favor of Gun Control or even total firearm confiscation.
They openly admit this, They are proud of this fact.
Junior Senators and Representatives will not be able to stop these Powerful people from implimenting their desires and forcing them onto the tables as Bills soon to be Laws
The Junior Politicians will not be able to stop this from happening if they want any kind of favorable position in the Houses during their terms.
The Junior Politicians are well aware that voting in favor of gun control may cost them the election next time around.
An anti gun President will guarantee the worst coming to pass, it has happened before and unless the voting public educates themselves I guarantee it will happen again.

Next time around will be too late for Constitutionally guaranteed rights after they have been taken away by left leaning powerful Politicians.

If you enjoyed reading about "Durbin is at it again." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!