Nationwide Concealed Carry on Colleges Bill?

PDA

LAR-15
April 19, 2007, 10:04 AM
Will we see one?

I'd like Dr Paul or somebody to introduce one in Congress.

It's already legal to carry on colleges in Utah.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nationwide Concealed Carry on Colleges Bill?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RealGun
April 19, 2007, 10:15 AM
I don't think there should be any knee jerk reactions to the VT incident, either pro-gun or anti-gun. If you propose such a bill now, there will be a backlash of tit for tat in a Democrat controlled Congress. You also invite federal jurisdiction claims where there were none before. Lastly, you rob universities, certainly States, of being able to define their own environment.

CleverNickname
April 19, 2007, 10:30 AM
No. I don't want the federal government dictating where carry is legal. They have not been delegated the power to do this in the Constitution. I suppose you could try and say this would be ok under the commerce clause, but that requires the overly broad interpretation of the commerce clause that's gotten us so many other bad laws over the years.

I'm all for individual states making carry legal at schools though.

hugh damright
April 19, 2007, 10:43 AM
No, we don't need the federal government to ignore the Constitution and force unwanted laws upon the States.

LAR-15
April 19, 2007, 10:49 AM
Who is claiming the law is unwanted??

:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Nationwide Concealed Carry on Colleges Bill?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!