Traveling to Colorado > Need some help on CCW laws

PDA

msimonds
April 19, 2007, 02:16 PM
I am traveling to Colorado on Sunday and I need to know where I can read about the laws in Colorado pertaining to CCW's

I want to make sure that I can take it into a restaurant. Basically where I can and cannot carry this

Do they have signs like Texas > the 30.06 ?

Can I take it into a Bar? etc....

I went to the state site but could not really find anything about where I can carry except the traditional "keep it out of a school or educational area"

Thanks in advance

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Traveling to Colorado > Need some help on CCW laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zundfolge
April 19, 2007, 02:17 PM
you can carry into a restaurant
you can carry into a bar
you can drink in moderation (law only says you can't be "under the influence" ... so that beer with dinner will be fine)

No CCW signs carry no weight unless they are backed up with metal detectors.

Stay out of schools, courthouses (and other government buildings) and stay out of Federal buildings. That's pretty much it.

www.handgunlaw.us is a good place to go

msimonds
April 19, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the fast response on my questions

what about if I get pulled over for speeding. In Texas we have to hand the officer our permit with our DL. Is it the same ( I am sure it is, just want to make sure)

I went to handgunlaws.us but could not find these laws

wdlsguy
April 19, 2007, 02:38 PM
Straight from the horse's mouth:

http://cbi.state.co.us/ccw/default.asp

msimonds
April 19, 2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah that is the site that I checked out (guess I should have stated that already)

I just could not find anything there, I looked at it, text was confusing (self acclaimed Dumb A$$)

Zundfolge
April 19, 2007, 02:42 PM
what about if I get pulled over for speeding.
There is no "duty to inform" in Colorado law ... but I'd still recommend handing over your CHL with your DL and informing them you're armed (honestly a Colorado cop is more likely to give you a hard time for being a Texan than a CCWer ... except for Denver cops which will give you a hard time for not being a Denver cop).

In Colorado you can CCW in your car without a permit.

msimonds
April 19, 2007, 02:45 PM
Thank you kind sir that does it for me, I am ready to go on my trip!

Zundfolge
April 19, 2007, 03:51 PM
So where in our fine state are you headed?

msimonds
April 19, 2007, 04:03 PM
Colorado Springs for some training!!! I have been there before, it is beautiful!

Zundfolge
April 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
Excellent ... let me know if you need any restaurant recommendations.

msimonds
April 19, 2007, 05:12 PM
I shall sir and thanks for all the help, I truly appreciate it!

Desk Jockey
April 19, 2007, 07:04 PM
Sounds like you're all set. FWIW, there's a pretty good summary here. (http://www.rmgo.org/faq/)

If you enjoyed reading about "Traveling to Colorado > Need some help on CCW laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!