If you know publishing, please offer advice

PDA

physics
April 19, 2007, 04:24 PM
Oleg: why don't you sell your posters, printed out. THR members i'm sure would buy them, just use the money for pro-gun legislation, getting antis out of office, or whatever. It's a great way to raise some money for the cause, and at the same time, get our message out to the public. I'd buy a poster or 10. i don't think printing them would be very expensive.

If you enjoyed reading about "If you know publishing, please offer advice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ravnew
April 19, 2007, 04:34 PM
Not a bad idea, I would buy a couple also.

Oleg Volk
April 19, 2007, 05:42 PM
Who in here has experience with publishing posters? I could use help in making this happen.

NukemJim
April 19, 2007, 08:21 PM
May I point out that Oleg does sell photoprints of a lot of his work. Gave one to a nephew who loved it.

NukemJim

Erebus
April 19, 2007, 08:40 PM
They have a calculator on their page. The print them from digital images.

Basically 2' X 3' would be $1331 per thousand shipped to MA(used my zip code) printed on card stock. $1197 printed on paper.

It ain't worth lesser quanitities.

lanternlad1
April 19, 2007, 11:35 PM
Oleg,

I am a Graphic Designer and Printer, as well as a Pro 2nd Amendment Citizen. I can print anything, almost any size in any amount. I would be glad to discuss this with you at your convenience. Please visit my website at www.imageinmedia.com where you can find contact info, or feel free to write me at lanternlad@yahoo.com, where I can give you the contact info you will need. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank You

lanternlad1

strat81
May 15, 2007, 12:20 PM
Oleg, did anything ever happen with this? I need to spruce up The Dank.

glockman19
May 15, 2007, 12:35 PM
Kinko's Now has the ability to print out posters. I'd look for a locak graphic printing company who can produce in quantity. Depending on the number of posters and the size initial investment could be cost prohibitive.

Check out:

http://poster-size-it.com/

It looks like they can give you a good Idea of costs, sizes, paper quality, etc...

Henry Bowman
May 15, 2007, 01:14 PM
The "one off" printing like Kinkos can be of inconsistent or poor quality. Good posters (like we are used to seeing) are lithograph printed. In quantity, they are not expensive. But having a variety requires a significant investment (and shipping in tubes) meaning that Oleg (or his licensee) takes the risk of selling 1000 of each or having them sit in the garage (and risk damage, etc.).

I'm not trying to dampen the idea (I'd like to see them in every gun store, at least), just pointing out that there are logistics and an investment to consider.

machinecraig
May 15, 2007, 02:26 PM
You might give zazzle.com a try, they do online printing of digital art, similar to what cafepress.com does with shirts and whatnot.

bogie
May 15, 2007, 02:43 PM
campers, I've got equipment arriving by the truckload today...

www.posterprep.com should be online in a week or so.

coffee: check
diet soda: check
twinkies: check
phone numbers for delivered pizza and wings: check

If you enjoyed reading about "If you know publishing, please offer advice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!