airweight j hard to shoot ha

PDA

mavracer
April 19, 2007, 07:02 PM
just took my 17 year old daughter shooting.she normally shoots a 625 smith with a mid-range cast load. after she was done I handed her my 4 3/4" birds head vaquero with factory 225 fed lead SWCHP:what: .she shoots 5 rounds then says thats fun and asks for more:what: :what: :what: . I give her 5 more she procedes to shoot them strong hand only.keep in mind she is 5' and 125-130 lbs.this is the first target.now I'm curious so I hand her my S&W 442. with 125 jhp 4.5 grns of 231. that is the second pic.targets are at 7 yards.and I thought airweight J's were hard to shoot:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "airweight j hard to shoot ha" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jt1
April 19, 2007, 07:46 PM
mavracer - Great shooting, Looks like she is a natural, I invite you to join us at the 642 club.

The Lone Haranguer
April 19, 2007, 08:02 PM
She shoots better than I do with them, or with a lot of other guns for that matter. :) ;)

At least some of this is from not having preconceived notions about how hard they are to shoot. ;)

mavracer
April 19, 2007, 08:31 PM
I need to start a I have too many guns to join all the clubs club:evil:

Ichiro
April 20, 2007, 12:52 AM
If it fits her hand just right, it might be her best gun.

For me, groups with a 642 are much wider than with any of my other revolvers.

ugaarguy
April 20, 2007, 01:24 AM
Mavracer, no need for you to be cleaning guns when the new boyfriend shows up - just show him how well she shoots :evil: .

Please send her my congratulations on the excellent marksmanship. I'm glad you spent the time to take her to the range, and it's great that you both had fun :)

If you enjoyed reading about "airweight j hard to shoot ha" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!