Are AR's MA legal?

PDA

The Deer Hunter
April 20, 2007, 04:44 PM
Are all AR-15s MASS legal?

I never really knew, plus I buy my guns out of state and dont want to come home with an illegal gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are AR's MA legal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cbsbyte
April 20, 2007, 07:07 PM
The simple answer is not all ARs are legal in Mass. We had a Assault weapons ban in this state, since 1994. This ban mimics the expired federal ban. Which means; no flash hiders, bayonet mounts, high capacity magazines, or collapsable stocks. Which means if you buy a factory model out of state, it must comply with the Mass regulations. Most AR compaines still sell a few models, with all the evil features removed, though useally you will have to special order it through a dealer. You can see why Assulat rifles are not very popular in Mass. Check out www.goal.org for more detailed info.

I should add that you can own Pre ban models, with all the evil features as long as it was made before 1994. It is also legal to own Pre ban (pre 1994) high capacity magazines.

The Deer Hunter
April 20, 2007, 07:12 PM
What a great state 'eh?

cbsbyte
April 20, 2007, 07:16 PM
I love the state, but hate the gun laws.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are AR's MA legal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!