Smith & Wesson 642 with or without lock?

PDA

xy17
April 20, 2007, 10:13 PM
Hello All

After a long break from my endless research, I've decided to go for a Smith & Wesson 642 .38 Special +P for my concealed pocket carry.

Although I would prefer a brand new gun, I really don't want a revolver with a lock.

Should I try to find a pre-lock version, hopefully in very good condition, or
just buy a new one with the lock and hope for the best.

Also, is there any current news from Smith & Wesson about eliminating or making the lock an option in the near future?

Many thanks for your valued thoughts.

XY17

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 642 with or without lock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ARTiger
April 21, 2007, 01:40 AM
Look really really hard and you may can find an unfired one without a lock. Gonna cost you probably more than a new one though. Read the 642 Club thread in this forum and you'll see many views on this.

jt1
April 21, 2007, 03:28 AM
xy17 - You have made a good decision choosing the 642. I second ARTiger's invitation to you, come on over to the club. The lock situation is really a non-issue. Check this link:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=3239279&postcount=2294

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 642 with or without lock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!