Houston, Shootings

PDA

coxhw
April 20, 2007, 11:37 PM
Well it looks like they have done it again. Three days ago 2 Mexican gangs involved in illegal immigrant smuggling had a shoot out on one of the freeways. One was killed and some injured. Then today a man inters a NASA office building takes a hostige then shoots another man and commits suicide. If all of this doesn't give the antigunners ammunition I don't know what will. Maybe we need some laws that govern going to school or work.

If you enjoyed reading about "Houston, Shootings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
April 20, 2007, 11:39 PM
Both in Houston?

T J
April 20, 2007, 11:52 PM
I saw something on the NASA shooting on TV tonight. No real good details. I'm sure CCW is prohibited there (supposition on my part) I guess this (and I suppose really all situations) go back to practical wisdom iterated by Lawdog (of Lawdog Files fame) that the mind is the best weapon (the rest, guns etc. are really tools). Be aware of your surroundings, use your mind and whatever tools are at your disposal, even if the preferred tool is not available.
T J

wally
April 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
Yes CCW is prohibited. He had to show his badge to armed guards and risk a "random" search to gain access. I'm not familar with Bldg 44, there could be another badge check to enter there or not.

I had a brief OH S**T! moment since I was disarmed to stay legal, figuring best I could do was run and hide -- probably die tired and scared :(

My worries quickly passes as I realized the events unfolding in Bldg 44 were over a mile from me and a large amount of firepower surrounded the building pretty quickly.

Lots of just plain wrong stuff reported early as we watched events unfold on TV while "sheltered in place"

I expect going to work on Monday will be more of a hassle to get thru the check points.

Appears to be a murder-suicide and that he specifically targeted two people and let everyone else evacuate.

--wally.

Jacob Staff
April 21, 2007, 12:32 AM
Rival human smuggeling gangs trying to steal others "cargo".
Sounds like everybody involved in this was an illegal. Gun bans would not have helped.

This seemed to drop off the news radar very quickly.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4724950.html
http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6390584

Nasa shooting
Gun free zone, gun bans would not have helped.
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070420_mh_jscevacuation.2acd63a6.html

wally
April 21, 2007, 12:36 AM
Of course it did. As soon as it became certain illegals were involved -- wouldn't want to offend anyone by suggesting if they bring people across illegally, they can bring weapons along too! Might be construed as evidence that gun bans can't work.

--wally.

If you enjoyed reading about "Houston, Shootings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!