Rule/Policy Maker Accountability

PDA

amprecon
April 21, 2007, 11:49 AM
Ok, there has been alot of talk about the recent VT tragedy and everyone wants to point a finger and place blame. Of course Hui is to blame, but there are others that need to share the blame and those people are the ones that denied the students and faculty the right to protect themselves.

If I were a parent or of any relationship to any victim I would want the heads of those that denied my loved-one(s) the right to protect themselves on a platter. Their hands have as much blood on them as there is on Hui's.

It is true that those people chose to work/study there and had the choice to not be there based on their anti-self protection policy, but to deny their exercise of a Right is Un-Constitutional and they need to be held accountable.

Why are Rule/Policy Makers not held personally liable for their decisions? This is just wrong. What is to stop them from making bad/wrong decisions that affect so many people?

If their personal effects were on the line each and every time they voted on a rule/policy I think things would be much more "reasonable".

If you enjoyed reading about "Rule/Policy Maker Accountability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Rule/Policy Maker Accountability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!