Friend said I should sell my Glock 19 after same type gun is used in VT killing

PDA

AirPower
April 21, 2007, 12:50 PM
Was talking to a friend at work, and she knows I have guns. Then we talked about the VT stuff, she mentioned that I should get rid of my Glock 19 because it's used in a mass killing. :scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Friend said I should sell my Glock 19 after same type gun is used in VT killing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReadyontheRight
April 21, 2007, 12:53 PM
Should we also get rid of the brand of backpack and chains he used?

Pilgrim
April 21, 2007, 12:56 PM
Tell your friend your Glock 19 had an exorcism and is all right now.

Pilgrim

Euclidean
April 21, 2007, 12:57 PM
I'm keeping mine.

Honestly, I bet the Glock 19 is either the single most popular model of semiautomatic pistol in the U.S. or at least in the top ten. The Glock platform in general is easily among the most popular pistol platforms in the U.S if not the most popular. There are Glocks everywhere. There's always several on the shelf of any gun store new and used, there's always several in the pawn shops, etc. The pistol had to be something, odds are pretty good it was going to be a Glock.

I've not getting rid of my Chevrolet Silverado because an irresponsible drunk driver used a Chevrolet Silverado model automobile to cause senseless death and pain.

You know what though it's a pretty good pistol. I hope the market is flooded with evil Glock 19s and they go for cheap...:D

SDC
Ask her if a drunk driver uses the same make and model of automobile you have to kill a family in a car crash, should you also sell your vehicle?

Edit: posted at the same time as Euclidean :-)

Biker
Tell her that she should sell her Ford because it has been responsible for 1000s of deaths.

Biker

ID_shooting
April 21, 2007, 01:01 PM
I think he is 100% correct. ALL G19's are tainted. But being the good soul I am, I will buy as many as I can for, say $25.00 each, and keep them locked up from doing the public any more harm. :D

PressCheck
April 21, 2007, 01:14 PM
Insane!

mcmoyer
April 21, 2007, 01:15 PM
And don't forget to stay the heck off of Boeing 757's. What a maroon.

GRIZ22
April 21, 2007, 01:35 PM
I didn't see a glut of used Buicks or Oldsmobiles (can't remember which) when Teddy Kennedy went off the bridge.

sm
April 21, 2007, 01:37 PM
I like the analogy about women and prostitutes -
Just because one has the same anatomy/physiology does not make one a prostitute.

akodo
April 21, 2007, 01:46 PM
Glock 19 because it's used in a mass killing

Tell her, no this isn't the gun that was used in the mass killings! There are more than a single glock 19 floating around this world, 19 wasn't it's serial number it was it's model number. Then tell her 'thanks though, because if it WAS the gun used, it would be worth a LOT more!'

or maybe you totally misinterpreted her statement

Maybe she saw that you generally have to shoot someone 3 times with a glock 19, and she wants you to get something more powerful.

Dmack_901
April 21, 2007, 01:49 PM
Sell it! You should've sold it before VT.

I mean; Why would you want such an ugly gun in the first place?

lol

Agent 006 &7/8
April 21, 2007, 01:52 PM
Ask if she will no longer fly onboard a Boeing 767 or 757 airliner. Two of each killed a total of over 3000 people 6 years ago.

No, wait!! The TERRORISTS killed the people, not the airplanes!! :banghead:

Texfire
April 21, 2007, 02:07 PM
Nice "friend". Sounds like you have an excellent opportunity to educate, as she's obviously closed her mind to original thought for a long time... ;)

Tex

.cheese.
April 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
Did you tell her it's one of the most commonly sold guns?

The same kind of gasoline in my car has been used in plenty of arsons... what should I do?

Should we stop using ammonium-nitrate based fertilizers because ammonium-nitrate was used in the Oklahoma city bombing? Bear in mind it's one of the most effective, and easiest to manufacture fertilizers there are.

never_retreat
April 21, 2007, 02:33 PM
I'd get rid of the glock myself. But for different reasons. All hail the stainless steel gods.:neener:

JWarren
April 21, 2007, 02:39 PM
I have a glock 19 that I've had for 15 years. Tell her that my glock's 15 years of paficism trumps Cho's few weeks of ownership.

And tell her for me that she is a reactionary and overly emotional nitwit of the type that are largely responsible for the idiocy we are seeing in our country. Considering the number of fatal automobile accidents we have every year, she may want to break out the Huffy.

Sorry for taking the low road on this one.

EDIT: Most people can't tell one handgun from another. Someone that is that reactionary is most likely of the crowd that wouldn't know a Stainless Colt 1911 from a Glock 19. But I suppose she'd want to get rid of them all.

John

.cheese.
April 21, 2007, 02:40 PM
heck, I have another Glock coming to me Monday.

KINGMAX
April 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
WHAT ????????? Git rid of a gun for what reason ?? Tell him to get rid of his car because drunk drivers kill someome every day !! That's pure BULL

Kimber1911_06238
April 21, 2007, 02:43 PM
yes, you should definitely get rid of it. I'll buy it for $5 and dispose of it properly :D

ATW525
April 21, 2007, 02:46 PM
Sell your friend and use the money to buy another Glock 19 to keep the one you have company.

obxned
April 21, 2007, 03:12 PM
Plenty of very bad people have used the AK, but nobody is getting rid of theirs because of that. And the gangster era thugs all loved their 1911.

Keep your gun.

F=ma
April 21, 2007, 03:20 PM
Tell her that thousands of peace officers use the 19 every day to protect and uphold the freedoms of this nation.

GnL
April 21, 2007, 03:22 PM
You might be different, but I generally don't keep friends who are that stupid.

SoCalShooter
April 21, 2007, 03:33 PM

Here here. Ask her if she gets rid of her model of car because her model was used in a crime.

WinchesterAA
April 21, 2007, 03:57 PM
If you were a very sick and oppurtunistic type of person you could tell a prospective buyer that one guy killed 32 people with the same kinda gun you're about to sell him, then jack up the price a few hundred $ in the name of precision and quality, and sheer killing power.

SniperStraz
April 21, 2007, 04:07 PM
+1 WinchesterAA
If anything I'd have to say that the VT incident proved the G19's abilities and reliability quite well. (even if it was in an evil way) The killer used a good gun. Does that mean that the rest of us have to give up reliable weapons everytime they're used in a criminal way? Whichever brand of car she drives, that brand probably kills more people every year than the G19.

Line Rider
April 21, 2007, 05:02 PM
:) :) Friends, Don't Let Friends Sell Glocks.:) :)

tnieto2004
April 21, 2007, 05:06 PM
She is right! Now sell it to me for cheap! :neener:

Baba Louie
April 21, 2007, 05:20 PM
Reassure your friend that yours is one of the Good Guy G19's 'cause the voices in your head told you that all the serial numbers are to remain intact, followed up with a wink, a smile and a "Thanks for your concern tho".

lee n. field
April 21, 2007, 06:52 PM
Then we talked about the VT stuff, she mentioned that I should get rid of my Glock 19 because it's used in a mass killing.

She must be into symbolic actions. Or sympathetic magic.

Your's wasn't used in a mass killing, was it?

Hmm. Maybe it's time to buy one..... (And I thought I was done with buying handguns).

Monkeyleg
April 21, 2007, 07:39 PM
Pilgrim: :D :D :D

sacp81170a
April 21, 2007, 07:41 PM
Tell her you had a priest bless it with holy water in the name of Saint Gabriel Possenti, the Patron Saint of Handgunners:

"On a summer day a little over a hundred years ago, a slim figure in a black cassock [Possenti] stood facing a gang of mercenaries in a small town in Piedmont, Italy. He had just disarmed one of the soldiers who was attacking a young girl, had faced the rest of the band fearlessly, then drove them all out of the village at the point of a gun....[W]hen Garibaldi's mercenaries swept down through Italy ravaging villages, Brother Gabriel showed the kind of man he was by confronting them, astonishing them with his marksmanship, and saving the small village where his monastery was located."

"Saint Gabriel Possenti's "astonishing marksmanship" was displayed after he had just disarmed the soldier. The mercenaries' leader told Possenti that it would take more than just one monk with a handgun to make the mercenaries leave town. The saint pointed out to the mercenaries a lizard which was running across the road. Possenti shot the lizard right through the head, at which point the mercenaries decided that discretion was the better part of valor; they obeyed Possenti's orders to extinguish the fires they had started and to return the property they had stolen. They then fled the village, never to be heard from again."

"Possenti was canonized by Pope Benedict XV in 1920. He died in 1862 and his feast occurs on February 27th."

Can I get an amen? :D

Springfield_1911SS
April 21, 2007, 07:43 PM
ok you have the gun now, but if you sell you never know whos going to buy it

.cheese.
April 21, 2007, 07:45 PM
give me her phone number.

Maybe I can encourage her to really pressure you to sell it cheap (and give her my phone number so she already knows of a potential buyer). ;)

Face the facts - you sell it, you're just going to pay more to buy another one. ;)

sacp81170a - Amen.... I think.... but I'm Jewish, does that count?

sacp81170a
April 21, 2007, 07:52 PM
Amen.... I think.... but I'm Jewish, does that count?

Of course. G-d loves all his children and wants them to be safe, so he gave us weapons with which to defend ourselves from evil people. He also wants us to be happy, so he gave us beer. :D

SniperStraz
April 21, 2007, 07:55 PM
G-d loves all his children and wants them to be safe, so he gave us weapons with which to defend ourselves from evil people. He also wants us to be happy, so he gave us beer.
LOL

Geno
April 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
That's stipid! We should ban children! If no one could have children, the problem would resolve within the next 80 years. Makes as much sense as selling your Glock.

MikePGS
April 21, 2007, 08:00 PM
So your friend's telling you that your specific Glock 19 was used in a mass killing?

CountGlockula
April 21, 2007, 08:02 PM
Have a sit down talk with your friend and repeat what everyone here said.

george29
April 21, 2007, 08:04 PM
Don't buy:

Glocks because of the mixed up kid in VT

Volkswagon because of it's collaboration with the Nazi's.

Anything from New England because they used to burn women suspected of witchcraft.

Stay away drom Spain because of the terrible Inquisition.

Anything from Mexico because they do nothing to secure their side of the border.

Stay far from anything Italian because they have put a U.S soldier on trial in-absentia.

I need to go do chores, otherwise I suppose this list could go on for months.

Maybe you need to take a look-see of the company you keep, I personally don't mind having liberal friends, it's just that most of them won't have me. :)

Geno
April 21, 2007, 08:04 PM
I had a discussion about this with my graduate students this week. ALL of my graduate students agreed that if someone had been in possession of a CCW, that the perp would have died, and the others would have lived! Wow!

Frog48
April 21, 2007, 08:08 PM

You took the words out of my mouth.

MechAg94
April 21, 2007, 08:24 PM
Whatever you tell her, make sure it is a learning opportunity for her not just a chance to slam someone. :)

Nicky Santoro
April 21, 2007, 08:31 PM
AP, Your "friend" is an idiot. Run away now.

lee n. field
April 21, 2007, 08:37 PM
but I generally don't keep friends who are that stupid.

Or if they are, they've got other qualities that make up for it. ;)

FMJMIKE
April 21, 2007, 10:01 PM
Very superstitious...........Writing on the wall.............. (My best Stevie Wonder imitation)
Tell her the New York Police Department uses them. Yours is the NYPD model !!!!
:what:

hksw
April 21, 2007, 10:03 PM
AP, you friend is right. The Glock will drive you crazy. I bet you're holding it right now doing gansta poses in front of the mirror saying, "You talkin' to me?! You talking to me?!" In fact, it's talking to you right now. It's saying, "C'mon, are you professional enough, foo?!"

glockman19
April 21, 2007, 10:08 PM
Yea!! I'll take it off your hands I can always use another G19.

SWModel19
April 21, 2007, 10:36 PM
Nuts. I'm thinking of going the other way. I'd never seen a P22 before Monday, and now I'm thinking of buying one. Maybe I'll get it from TGSCom, too.

PistolNewbie
April 21, 2007, 10:37 PM
:what: A woman kill her cheating Iowa University Professor husband a few years ago with a kitchen steak knife. We have been eating steak and pork chops with our fingers every since! :D And get this--2 1/2 years later she is out of the pen!! (It was an accident that he ran into her and the blade went into his heart.) I wrote several movie stars to see if they would be interested in starting a crusade against dangerous kitchen implements too! :D I also looked at a Glock 19 today at Scheels. All I need is a little more $$$. :)

gm
April 21, 2007, 11:13 PM
:rolleyes: yes,and fast food,junk food and a box of yummy donuts,cooked in a gallon of saturated fat cause obesity and coronary heart disease,a much bigger killer than all the others.Save us from ourselves.:rolleyes:

SouthpawShootr
April 21, 2007, 11:37 PM
......she mentioned that I should get rid of my Glock 19 because it's used in a mass killing.

That line of reasoning is preposterous. Point out that the Glock 19 one of the most popular LE weapons around. NYC issues it. Many PD issue it or the larger capacity G17. Maybe they should dump them as well. :rolleyes: The Glock 19 is just about the finest combat handgun out there. If the bad guy has one, I want to even the odds by having mine!

Would she get rid of her car if it just happened to be the make and model most often used by drunk drivers.

Gonna boycott United and American Airlines or anybody who uses Boeing jets b/c of what happened on 9/11?

earthworm
April 22, 2007, 12:01 AM
... by her logic we should not own vehicles of any kind,kitchen or other tool-type knives,swimming pools,toilets,bath tubs,,,,,,,y'all see my point.

offthepaper
April 22, 2007, 02:04 AM
Airpower

Let me take a guess here............................blond? :neener:

ArmsAkimber
April 22, 2007, 02:17 AM
I must admit, when I hear of this or that murderous rampage, I contemplate purchase of the firearm used. Not because I wish the celebrate or commemorate the event, of course; I fear the banning of the tool used. I am glad I supressed this urge with regards to the shooting spree around Washington, D.C. Instead of a Bushmaster AR15, I'll soon be ordering a Fulton Armory CMP-compliant AR15, with all the toys.

Regarding Virginia Tech: I've never been a Glock fan. Given that they are one of the few manufacturers that still makes 10mm handguns, I just might add some Tupperware to my arsenal before too long...

Ala Dan
April 22, 2007, 04:58 AM
Thats plum silly, YOUR Glock 19 didn't kill those people; the ATF has the
weapons that were used in the VA TECH shootings, so there is NO NEED
to sell your perfectly good G-19. After all, you may need it in order too
prevent another tragedy such as this~!

jt1
April 22, 2007, 05:42 AM
Sell your friend and use the money to buy another Glock 19 to keep the one you have company.

I like this one best so far. Made me laugh.

The_Shootist
April 22, 2007, 12:48 PM
Be a good companion piece to the one I already own.

And have NO intention of getting rid of! :evil:

Yeah, the G19 might not be the nicest looking weapon in my aresenal, but it is probably the finest combat piece in the world.

aerod1
April 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
Get rid of sinful Glock! Send it to me for comfort and solace. Now go and sin no more.

The Lone Haranguer
April 22, 2007, 03:32 PM
With all due respect to your friend, your friend is being silly, to put it mildly.

Every make and model of firearm has been wielded to kill somebody, somewhere. As well, killing can be righteous, or evil. It all depends on the person doing the wielding.

PX15
April 22, 2007, 03:44 PM
Betcha' what the "friend" would LIKE to say, is for AirPower to sell ALL of his/her guns..

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Trying to use logic regarding the 2nd Amendment freedoms given us by our forefathers with a liberal, non-gunner is "tinkling in the wind"..

Forget about it.. Tell her thanks for her opinion (unrequested), and drive on.

J. Pomeroy

If you enjoyed reading about "Friend said I should sell my Glock 19 after same type gun is used in VT killing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!