Did you know S&W still makes K frames???

PDA

ChuckB
April 21, 2007, 01:05 PM
Well, according to the new "Handgunner" annual, Smith is still making the 65 and 66, but not the M&P series in either wheelie or autoloader, the IMI Eagle series doesn't exist, and- well, maybe you get the picture. Many more errors that I won't list. I like American Handgunner magazine. I'm disappointed, though, that their "complete" listing of current handguns is so out of date. Maybe they just recycled last year's list, although the "K" guns were gone last year, too!

Chuck

If you enjoyed reading about "Did you know S&W still makes K frames???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZ.22
April 21, 2007, 01:13 PM
Smith still makes the M10, M54, M67, M617.

ArchAngelCD
April 21, 2007, 01:35 PM
CZ is correct but I think he meant the M64, not M54 lol...

All the K frames that are still in production are .38 Special only.
The Medium frame .357 Magnums are L frames.

doc2rn
April 21, 2007, 11:51 PM
They still make the M&P wheel gun under the title Model 10.

ChuckB
April 22, 2007, 02:07 PM
My point is being missed. I wanted to point out that the magazine is way off base in its listing of "currenty available" new handguns. I wasn't looking for picking of nits- only that American Handguns didn't pay enough attention to the completeness and accuracy of its list.

Chuck

ArchAngelCD
April 22, 2007, 02:10 PM
I don't know what article you're talking about in American Handguns but I'm sure if what was said was that K frames are gone they were talking about .357 Magnum K frames, not all K frames. (just a guess though)

ChuckB
April 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
Never mind.:banghead: Let's close this thread, please.

Chuck

Morglan
April 23, 2007, 01:59 PM
Chuck, for what it's worth, reading this thread has given me a headache as well. I feel your pain.

johndoe1027
April 23, 2007, 03:15 PM
Chuck, for what it's worth, reading this thread has given me a headache as well. I feel your pain.
me too.
Sorry dude. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Did you know S&W still makes K frames???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!