I Think I Killed My Die

PDA

Gary H
June 16, 2003, 09:07 PM
:banghead:

I decided that I was going to full length size my Stoney Point OAL dummy brass in 308. It went in but fell apart at the base. So, now I have brass stuck in my RCBS FL die.

:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "I Think I Killed My Die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oscar
June 16, 2003, 09:38 PM
No problem, just mail it back to RCBS and they will send you a new one for free. I did it once with a 223.

Gary H
June 16, 2003, 09:44 PM
Wow, that would be great.

Still stupid thing to do.

That reminds me of a time that a bunch of us frat boys shot water balloons out of a lower floor at the backs of guys in the upstairs bathroom.. standing in front of the urinal. The house was "U" shaped. We hit many guys, even though the balloon had to go through the open window. Of course, our aim was not perfect and we all were surprised when we broke the glass below the open window. Duhhhh.. It was the only outcome possible. This is a frat with a 3.8 gpa at U.C. Berkeley. Bright guys..huh..

uglymofo
June 17, 2003, 01:23 PM
Which frat would that be?? not that it makes any difference. Just 'cuz them folks can maintain a grade point don't mean they got any common sense... I went to UCB; there's a ton of dummies there...y'oughta see them folks handle themselves in a riot:eek: :D

Delmar
June 17, 2003, 01:38 PM
Speaking of the Stony Point dummy brass-is there anything to gain by using a fired case out of the rifle you're loading for instead of the dummy case? I know you'd have to drill and tap the case, but I don't see a problem doing that.

Gary H
June 17, 2003, 01:43 PM
Sigma Nu

Just send your once fired off to Stoney Point and they will do it for you at a minimal fee. I would think there is an advantage should you be trying to get that bullet ogive oh so close.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Think I Killed My Die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!