Krylon fusion and a Finned M39 Moisin

PDA

R.W.Dale
April 21, 2007, 08:11 PM
HA! HA! made ya look. Seriously though what do ya think the wild AR thread and a painted AR at todays high power match kinda gave me the inspiration. I'm halfway tempted to paint the mags as well.

AFTER
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/krochus/REM%207615/HPIM1320.jpg

Before
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/krochus/REM%207615/Rem7615.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Krylon fusion and a Finned M39 Moisin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Winter Borne
April 21, 2007, 08:29 PM
What kind of gun is that?

mk

BsChoy
April 21, 2007, 08:33 PM
the relatively new remmy pump 223 it came out about 1-1.5 yrs ago

SpookyPistolero
April 21, 2007, 08:38 PM
That was really cruel. But much less cruel than I was expecting. :eek:

How do you like the rifle? I've not read a review on one yet.

Dave Markowitz
April 21, 2007, 08:57 PM
Krylon fusion and a Finned M39 Moisin

I bet you damn near gave Cosmoline a stroke. I had heart palpitations myself. You are a sick, cruel man.

:D

The Remington looks cool. How's it shoot?

R.W.Dale
April 21, 2007, 09:14 PM
Accuracy has been outstanding! I just shot this rifle in a NRA 200-300m Highpower match today, My score was 374:D while that may not be special I'm proud of it as this was only my second match.

With the sights on a benchrest my 5 shot 100yd groups typically run in the 1.5 to 2 MOA range. The rifle is a blast to shoot, crankin through a 20 rounder is pure ZEN:scrutiny:

This rifle is a good accurate piece of equipment, and would be a choice worth looking into for someone not wanting an AR but wants a .223 that takes common mags, Price is in the Mini14 range or about $200 cheaper than a decent AR but unlike the mini the Remingtons accuracy can give many an AR a run for it's money (or at least mine did today):evil:

BTW the barrel is a medium to heavy sporter contour that features a 1/9 twist and is chambered to shoot both 5.56 and .223

Mike U.
April 21, 2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, very funny...ya made me look. :what: :what: So, please provide your address so I can have my cardiologist mail the bill directly to you for the cardial infarction you caused. :what: :what:

Avenger29
April 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
How about mounting a scope?

And, is the manual-of-arms the same as an 870?

I just might have to obtain one of those. Takes AR mags, no reliability issues...pump action is also a plus.

Oh, can it take the same stocks as an 870? Being able to put on a nice folder would be cool, too.

R.W.Dale
April 21, 2007, 09:47 PM
How about mounting a scope?

And, is the manual-of-arms the same as an 870?

I just might have to obtain one of those. Takes AR mags, no reliability issues...pump action is also a plus.

This rifle takes plane Jane 74-7600 mounts so mounting a scope is a snap. Aside from the obvious differences in loading and unloading the rifle functions just like an 870, in fact according to Remington the 7615 is built on a 20ga 870 reciever.

Avenger29
April 21, 2007, 09:55 PM
Sounds like I need to get one then. Normally I try to avoid the Big Green's products, but they are about the only source for a SG with a steel reciever. And this is innovative.

I strive to obtain the unusual. Everybody is running around with ARs and AKs. I'd like to have a 7615...Simple, reliable, easy to use...

Mike U.
April 21, 2007, 09:58 PM
It is a fascinating rifle. And, I do like what you've done with it. A pump action .223 is something that struck me as quite unique. The fact it'll eat NATO fodder is a bonus. I saw one on sale somewhere and was wondering what to expect from it. Sounds pretty doggone good so far.

rocketfish
April 21, 2007, 10:24 PM
How did you get that Williams Foolproof aperture sight installed on there? Is the receiver drilled/tapped and does the rifle come like that or did you have to have it done?

R.W.Dale
April 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
How did you get that Williams Foolproof aperture sight installed on there? Is the receiver drilled/tapped and does the rifle come like that or did you have to have it done?

The Williams sight is for a 74-7600 but since the 7615 takes the same scope mounts the sight worked as well, it just screwed onto the rear pair factory holes

Vaarok
April 22, 2007, 01:24 PM
So not funny. I saw a mummed Arisaka T99 that'd been chopped, the stock slathered in boat-paint, and then the metal Duracoated yesterday.

If you enjoyed reading about "Krylon fusion and a Finned M39 Moisin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!