THR Fundraiser for Ron Paul Campaign?

PDA

PythonFan
April 22, 2007, 01:10 AM
Everyone here (almost) seems to strongly back Ron Paul for president. How many of us have put our wallets where our mouth is? If we can get 50% of the people on this site to donate $100, that would send a strong message to him about our support. What say you?

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Fundraiser for Ron Paul Campaign?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Titan6
April 22, 2007, 01:22 AM
While I am a fan there are quite a few who are not. Besides being a solicitation which is frowned upon it is not in the right forum in any case, maybe activism???

RealGun
April 22, 2007, 09:48 AM
Everyone here (almost) seems to strongly back Ron Paul for president.

That's wishful thinking. Where's your poll of those who would actually vote for him beyond a primary?

Just a note...one can find a progun candidate who is not a libertarian.

pcosmar
April 22, 2007, 10:08 AM
Just a note...one can find a progun candidate who is not a libertarian.

Yes, maybe. Or just one who will say that to get elected.
I would prefer a pro Constitution Candidate.

That would be Ron Paul. Regardless of whatever flag or tag he runs under.

Lew
April 22, 2007, 10:26 AM
I already donated $100 a few days ago. So there's one for ya..

RealGun
April 22, 2007, 10:36 AM
I would prefer a pro Constitution Candidate.

That would be Ron Paul. Regardless of whatever flag or tag he runs under.

I think you will find that effective pro-gun support has little to do with Ron Paul beyond being one welcome vote. He has no lock on being pro Constitution. Good luck with it, but to suggest that he is some messiah and that his philosophy is a panacea is cult nonsense.

camacho
April 22, 2007, 11:09 AM
Everyone here (almost) seems to strongly back Ron Paul for president.

I am not sure if this is correct. Most THR members probably back his ideology but not necessarily his bid for the Presidency. I personally agree with Ron on most issues, however I am rooting for Fred Thompson since there is no doubt in my mind that he can pull it off and actually become the 44th President of the US.

Flyboy
April 22, 2007, 11:17 AM
$300, almost a month ago. Probably about time for some more.

Brian Williams
April 22, 2007, 11:56 AM
Nice Idea, but while THR is political and discusses politics, there are too many differing views to activley support only one candidate, that you happen to like..

Oleg Volk
April 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
I personally support Ron Paul with money and -- if they accept -- design services. But it is not the THR official position in the least. For now, I would suggest limiting such fundraisers to signature lines.

We'll figure out the official THR position -- if any -- over the next few days.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Fundraiser for Ron Paul Campaign?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!