Short Trip to the range... pretty nice

PDA

TheDisturbed1
April 22, 2007, 08:46 AM
Ok, I had about 30 minutes today and I had a buddy (former ARMY Ranger) to spot for me so i could sight in my 4x scope on the AK real quick...

It went well, it was about 70 degrees out there and a little breeze, so the range was seeing a fair share of customers (outdoor).

The Rifle: My WASR-3 5.56mm
No Jams, and she flung those shells into the roof of this auning we were under... ol' reliable :D

But what grabbed our attention were a few guys who had Full Autos... and I swear that I got... uhm... *excited* (haha) with watching them shoot all 3... (Mac10, AR15, HK93). And that AR-15 was supressed :D , So he spent ALOT on his setup there... Show Offs, we need more! :p

Anyhoo...

I think I got the scope zeroed in fairly good at 25 yrds (in other words, I ran outa ammo :p ).

Its days like these I just wanna pitch a tent out there and wake up in the morning with smell of freshly burnt powder :D . (Its a borough-owned site, so it aint gonna fly)

So, Yeh. I had to brag:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Short Trip to the range... pretty nice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Matt King
April 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
Sounds fun! What kind of groups did the AK make?

TheDisturbed1
April 24, 2007, 02:53 AM
well, I was scarce on ammo and i was sighting in the scope... so they were all over the place. but the other day I was getting around 1 MOA at 25 yards.

Afy
April 24, 2007, 05:50 AM
1 MOA at 25 yards is about 0.25 inches which I think is great for an AK with surplus ammo...

TheDisturbed1
April 24, 2007, 05:58 AM
I had the iron sights tuned in really good and it was such a nice day out, zone out all the other shots from the others at the range and its just you, the weapon, and the target... Who knew that shooting can be poetic? (ha, dont answer that :D)

If you enjoyed reading about "Short Trip to the range... pretty nice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!