First hunt with my .17 HMR

PDA

ldyates
April 22, 2007, 08:58 PM
80 yds using Hornady Varmint Express. Dropped in his tracks with a base of neck shot. 24 lb gobbler taken in West Texas.

I posted the dogs because they stole the bird off my ATV and ate it back at camp. They deserve some credit for being creative.

If you enjoyed reading about "First hunt with my .17 HMR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
koja48
April 22, 2007, 09:43 PM
Nice job! I wish we could shoot them with a rifle out here. Sorry about the dogs purloining your bird (and glad I'm not cleaning-up THAT yard!). For what it's worth, I had a Lab do a number on an elk quarter one time . . .

buck460XVR
April 22, 2007, 10:29 PM
I posted the dogs because they stole the bird off my ATV and ate it back at camp. They deserve some credit for being creative.

well....they are bird dogs.:D

congrats on the nice Tom.

351 WINCHESTER
April 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
Nice gobbler. I shot a nice one down at my Mom's last spring. Shot him in the head with a single shot .22 mag. That reminds me, I need to call the taxidermist and see what's taking him so long.

Really nice bird. I bought my youngest son a cz452 in 17hmr and he loves it. Dad is old fashioned and sticks to his .22 magnums.

If you enjoyed reading about "First hunt with my .17 HMR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!