Thoughts on the Lakeland FL Gunshow

PDA

lionking
April 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
guys & girls,my friends.

I had always heard the Lakeland show was a good one.And its true!The Miami,Ft Lauderdale and West Palm shows pale in comparison.The guys running the tables said that it was actually a smaller show then normal for there!

But there were 2 rooms full of tables,alot of stuff I never saw at other shows,actually some good milsurp Carbines,M1917,m1903 and Garands.There were alot of 303 Enfields for sale,I noticed Mosin Nagant rifles seem to be going up a bit,not one K31 was for sale.

I see what you guys mean about ammo prices skyrocketing though,7.62x51 has gone through the roof.Saw Cavin ammo that use to buy for 3-4 dollars a box now listed at $12 a box!Same with South African ammo.

On a note I went to the Tampa show also ,it was good but the Lakeland show is definately a good one for Florida.Just wish the M1903's were a little less pricey.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on the Lakeland FL Gunshow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
candr44
April 23, 2007, 12:11 PM
I went to both shows also. The Lakeland show was much smaller than I have ever seen it. Usually both rooms are crowded but one room had a lot of empty tables. The line to get in seem to disappear quick also. I hope the one in September is better.

I did see a lot of interesting stuff though. I got a good deal on a like new used Kel-Tec p32 at the Lakeland show. I also saw a German K43 rifle from WW2 there but the $2500 dollar price was way out of my budget. The Lakeland show does have some people that think their stuff is made of gold. One guy had the gall to ask $50 dollars for a Mauser sling.

The Tampa show was the same as uaual. It did seem more crowded than the Lakeland show. The same dealers were at the Tampa show. I saw 2 ammo dealers there selling South African 7.62x51 for $79 and $100 a battle pack. Shoot Straight in Tampa is selling it for $139. I'm glad I bought a case at $21 a pack. Now the ammo is worth more than the rifle I shoot it out of.

EAFO
April 23, 2007, 12:28 PM
if you saw a giant greek guy behind a table at either show I hope you bought a lot of stuff from him

pharmer
April 23, 2007, 01:53 PM
First time I missed in about 10 years. It's been falling off over the last year or so. 1) The larger dealers have contracts with Suncoast and that's where they will be. 2) There is so much walk-in traffic (that's where the bargains are) the table holders get really discouraged and don't come back. 3) The table holders (FFL and not) have prices that make local shops look good. Just my .02 Joe

Wes Janson
April 23, 2007, 02:55 PM
Lakeland was definitely kinda disappointing..I'd been told that it's a large show, but it seemed to me to have less than even a normal Suncoast show (and I'm not really referring to new guns, but rather interesting older/used firearms).

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on the Lakeland FL Gunshow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!