.351 ammo

PDA

ADKWOODSMAN
April 23, 2007, 05:08 PM
Does anyone have a source for .351 ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about ".351 ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JesseL
April 23, 2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.qual-cart.com/351wsl.htm
http://www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21/products_id/453

351 WINCHESTER
April 23, 2007, 06:05 PM
You're in luck dude. You got a 07 winchester an no ammo. If you reload you are a lucky dude indeed. I get my brass from Midway or Buffalo bullet (brass and bullets). Since this rifle is straight blowback you can load her hot, medium or light. Good powders are 2400 and 4227. For jacketed bullets try 17.5 grs. of 2400. That's lighter than factory, but heavy enough (you don't want to beat the gun to death. I've gone down to 10 gr. of 2400 and she still functions like there is no tomorrow. If you use lead bullets keep it on the light side to avoid leading.

If you don't reload, plan on spending about $1. per round. There are several sources of ammo on the internet. When shooting try to have someone keep an eye open for your brass as these rifles really kicks the brass out, even at reduced loads. Don't expect to get much accuracy as this rifle ( I have 3) she wasn't made to shoot tight groups. She was made to be 100% relaible and that she is.

351 WINCHESTER
April 23, 2007, 06:10 PM
After checking the prices for loaded ammo, you need to reload. If you don't know how find someone that will teach you. You will not regret it. Some old info shows a max. charge of 19gr. of 2400, but DON'T use that much powder. The burn rate for 2400 was increased some time ago and that info is old. The factory load is right at 45,000 psi.

About the only thing that goes wrong with these rifles is the stock and forearm crack, especially with factory loads or their equivelant.

ADKWOODSMAN
April 24, 2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks for all the info-now the fun begins, something new to reload for.

351 WINCHESTER
April 24, 2007, 08:36 PM
Don't try for near max. loads as if your stock and forearm aren't cracked allready, they will be. Good luck.

If you enjoyed reading about ".351 ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!