I had to share this great license plate.

PDA

ShooterMcGavin
April 23, 2007, 07:38 PM
I thought this was a good license plate. However, I don't know if I would use a plate like that. It could suggest "guns inside" to a thief.

If you enjoyed reading about "I had to share this great license plate." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eleven Mike
April 23, 2007, 07:39 PM
It could suggest "guns inside" to a thief.

A sincere question: how many thieves are reading this board?

Dmack_901
April 23, 2007, 07:41 PM
It could suggest "guns inside" to a thief.In a different way, I think that's the point.

Eleven Mike
April 23, 2007, 07:43 PM
'Cause we know all the crooks are sittin' around reading Legal & Political all day. :confused: :scrutiny:

Hoppy590
April 23, 2007, 07:43 PM
or it could just be a coincidence. im not saying BMW drivers dont support RKBA ( because i drive a BMW and do support RKBA and actualy a bunch of guys on bmw forums do support RKBA)

the initials could be for something else

mudstud
April 23, 2007, 07:46 PM
I doubt very many of the bad guys know what RKBA means. They do, however, know what that NRA sticker means!

hexidismal
April 23, 2007, 07:47 PM

Well.. Are you suggesting that the RKBA acronym is some inside secret of THR members ? Seriously though, I see what you getting at but that's one of the worst strategical misconceptions people can make .. that criminals are not smart , well informed, skilled, etc.

Regardless, cool plate ! :)

Pax Jordana
April 23, 2007, 07:47 PM
Reeks of Krill, Bacon and Asparagus?

c'mooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Doggy Daddy
April 23, 2007, 08:00 PM
Kinda makes me think of a plate I saw once. A happy young couple was in the car. I'm guessing their names were something like Sam and Mary. Or Stu and Maude. Maybe Steve and Michelle.

I figger they planned to be together for a long time. Their license plate read:

SNM4EVR

Or maybe they really meant what I thought they meant....:D

Winter Borne
April 23, 2007, 08:06 PM
Best plate I ever saw was at the creek... BELT FED

My neighbor down the street has PRO GUN

mk

sierrabravo45
April 23, 2007, 08:11 PM
I have:

45 AUTO on my Tahoe

ShooterMcGavin
April 23, 2007, 08:41 PM
I like some of the other plate ideas. You are probably right, that it does not stand for what I thought.

SoCalShooter
April 23, 2007, 08:45 PM
ewwww I like it I wonder if it is available here in the DPRK.

50 Shooter
April 23, 2007, 08:58 PM
I like this plate but it's not mine.

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/ds2006/spring/dss06_hmv16.jpg

CNYCacher
April 23, 2007, 09:00 PM
Just before my 300ZX was trashed by an idiot driver, I made up my mind to get this plate put on:

YAWMATUO

It's not gun related, and it wouldn't fit for the truck I am driving now.

Can you figure it out?

GnL
April 23, 2007, 09:03 PM
I had RKBA on my Iowa plate while I lived there. I still have the plate...somewhere. I'll see if I can find it and post a pic. Never had anyone ask me about it, though I had to explain what it meant at the DMV before they would issue it.

Jorg Nysgerrig
April 23, 2007, 09:06 PM

As opposed to it being a BMW, which never attracts any kind of attention?

C. Rabbit
April 23, 2007, 09:08 PM
Your photo (background and WA on the plate) makes me wonder if this is a pic from Bellingham.

Yesterday, I saw a 1911A1 plate.

CR

Eleven Mike
April 23, 2007, 09:16 PM
Are you suggesting that the RKBA acronym is some inside secret of THR members ?

Almost. It seems a safe bet that the only people who know the acronym are those who spend time thinking and talking and reading about their Second Amendment rights. That's a pretty small group. How many smash and grab artists or car thieves are going to know it? What are the chances such a criminal will see this car and have the opportunity to rob it?

ShooterMcGavin
April 23, 2007, 09:19 PM
YAWMATUO

It's not gun related, and it wouldn't fit for the truck I am driving now.

Can you figure it out?
backwards "outa my way"?

Taurus 66
April 23, 2007, 09:34 PM
I thought this was a good license plate. However, I don't know if I would use a plate like that. It could suggest "guns inside" to a thief.

Or it could suggest that the owner of this car is carrying a gun on him/her, and none inside, so no funny stuff.

'Cause we know all the crooks are sittin' around reading Legal & Political all day.

They might not be reading L&P, but if they're anywhere in the vicinity of that car, it is strongly advised criminals heed the subtle warning. ;)

Black Knight
April 23, 2007, 09:42 PM
In Virginia we have vanity plates with the NRA logo on them. They do scream gun. In opsec we learned this type of advertising could easily get your vehicle targeted for a break in. Law enforcement and pro-gun stickers on the vehicle can have the same effect.

Eleven Mike
April 23, 2007, 11:02 PM
They might not be reading L&P, but if they're anywhere in the vicinity of that car, it is strongly advised criminals heed the subtle warning.

What makes you think a criminal is going to know what RKBA means?

sevesteen
April 23, 2007, 11:57 PM
One of the guys I shoot with has DBL TAP.

TimboKhan
April 24, 2007, 12:02 AM
Almost. It seems a safe bet that the only people who know the acronym are those who spend time thinking and talking and reading about their Second Amendment rights. That's a pretty small group. How many smash and grab artists or car thieves are going to know it? What are the chances such a criminal will see this car and have the opportunity to rob it?

I don't think I will take that bet. I have never quite understood why we will take all these other precautions, but we won't assume that the criminal we may have to face will be smart. What law is there that says that smash and grab artists and car thieves aren't smart? Maybe they make bad choices, but that doesn't mean they don't read THR, subscribe to American Handgunner, reload, etc... Just to be on the safe side, I always assume that the criminals are as smart as I am, which, or course, is pretty friggin' smart.

thexrayboy
April 24, 2007, 12:12 AM
In early 2004 my wife and I were shopping around for a contractor to build a custom home for us on land we had purchased. We made the rounds, looked at models, talked to people etc. We settled on a style of construction we liked and talked to the builder and his foreman. He wanted to see the property in question before serious negotiations got under way. We of course had no problem and gave him directions and a time to meet at the property. When we arrived the builder stepped out of his SUV, the plates on the back were personalized and read RKBA. I asked him if they were an indicator of his views regarding firearms. He was surprised for a moment that I even knew what the acronym was. We soon discovered that we are both life NRA members. I bet you could find this same personalized plate in many states.

Eleven Mike
April 24, 2007, 12:29 AM
What law is there that says that smash and grab artists and car thieves aren't smart? Maybe they make bad choices, but that doesn't mean they don't read THR, subscribe to American Handgunner, reload, etc...

I won't put an obviously gun-related sticker or plate on my car, but RKBA is not one of those. What sense does it make to worry about the very slim possibility that the one slimeball who reads L&P and steals guns and/or cars is going to see my car? Not only that, but see my car in a place and time where he has the opportunity to boost it or its contents?

Needless worry.

old4x4
April 24, 2007, 01:03 AM
I'll ask the question...what does RKBA stand for?

thexrayboy
April 24, 2007, 01:09 AM
Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Eleven Mike
April 24, 2007, 01:18 AM
Oh, good job, xrayboy. Now old4x4 knows which cars to go after and rob. :rolleyes:

;)

JLStorm
April 24, 2007, 01:23 AM
Oh, good job, xrayboy. Now old4x4 knows which cars to go after and rob.

:D ROFL Now everyone in the airport is staring at me wondering why I just broke out into laughter looking at my cell phone....

thexrayboy
April 24, 2007, 01:32 AM
You know... if I hadn't told him I get the feeling he would have figured it out for himself anyhow. But if old4X4 actually steals a gun from a car with a RKBA license plate just send me the bill. Now collecting on that bill will be an entirely different matter.

Taurus 66
April 24, 2007, 08:02 AM
What makes you think a criminal is going to know what RKBA means?

Do you think all criminals are big, dumb, neanderthals with a first grade education? If a crimmy is staring down a cold barrel, I have this strange feeling the crimmy's gonna know what it means.

Eleven Mike
April 24, 2007, 08:28 AM
Do you think all criminals are big, dumb, neanderthals with a first grade education? If a crimmy is staring down a cold barrel, I have this strange feeling the crimmy's gonna know what it means.

What are you talking about?

Tin Gizel
April 24, 2007, 08:53 AM
One of the guys I shoot with has DBL TAP

Mines close to that........DBLE TAP

usp_fan
April 24, 2007, 08:55 AM
I believe one of the mods over on the SIGforum has this plate on a BMW. Maybe you caught him on camera? I'm not sure of his state of residence.

--usp_fan

TimboKhan
April 24, 2007, 09:03 AM
What sense does it make to worry about the very slim possibility that the one slimeball who reads L&P and steals guns and/or cars is going to see my car?

Well, just to play devils advocate, why bother to carry a gun period? It is extremely unlikely that you will ever need it to begin with. I didn't qoute the part of your comment where you said you don't put yourself in bad positions (paraphrased, obviously), and thats excellent thinking. I don't either. I still take the basic precaution of carrying a gun anyway, even though chances are very slim I will ever need it.

Furncliff
April 24, 2007, 09:08 AM
A Va. tag I noticed in Charlottesville.

IMARMED

Lennyjoe
April 24, 2007, 11:59 AM
Does mine say gun inside? It does, but its on my hip and not left in my truck.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p898ae9db9a22ef9b72b559462ea2a707/f527670f.jpg

Nicole Hamilton
April 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
Hi, all! A friend sent me mail to let me know I'd been "made." That's my BMW with the RKBA plate, it does indeed refer to the Second Amendment, not something else, and for those who like the idea of women with guns, here I am!

I first had that plate when I lived in the People's Republik of Massachusetts where no one knew what it meant because there is no Second Amendment there. I was quite pleasantly surprised to discover it was still available in Washington when I moved here in 2002. I expected that in a "gun friendly" state like this, it'd have been long gone. I chose that plate hoping it'd be recognized by other shooters but would not attract unwanted attention from others outside our community. That's pretty much what's happened, though I'm occasionally a little surprised and disappointed when I run into another shooter who doesn't get it and needs to be prompted.

That car has definitely been filled with guns at times, including my trip out here: I drove because that was the one inexpensive way to get that many guns cross-country. The whole car was jam-packed with them! These days, the car usually only has one or two guns in it at a time, but that does happen several times a week. Folks who know me at Kenmore Range (http://wcwinc.org) in Bothell can attest I'm pretty active in both pistol and rifle competition and as an NRA instructor. They'll probably also tell you I'm pretty much the extrovert and general nutball.

Regards,
Nicole

http://www.hamiltonlabs.com/Nicole-250x250.jpg

old4x4
April 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
Oh (feel stupid). Thanks for the reply. There'll be no breaking in of anything but new guns. I've seen it a bunch of times, but now it's crystal clear.

Larry Ashcraft
April 24, 2007, 01:46 PM
Nicole,

Welcome to THR. Always nice to have more female types join up.

Larry

usp_fan
April 24, 2007, 05:16 PM
Nicole,

Welcome. This is one of the best firearms forums around. People here generally do take the "high road" and there are some very knowledgeable folks here.

--usp_fan

-terry
April 24, 2007, 05:36 PM
Hi Nicole,
Welcome to the forum. One of these days, I may get down to check out the Kenmore range. If you're there, I'll say hi.

-terry

Stoney
April 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
Nicole
Welcome to the fourm ;). Glad your here.

michiganfan
April 24, 2007, 06:35 PM
Most people wouldn't even know what this means

pax
April 24, 2007, 06:44 PM
Nicole ~

Welcome to THR. :)

pax
(in Onalaska, WA ... just down the road a bit)

ArfinGreebly
April 24, 2007, 06:56 PM
I wuz wondering when Pax would happen along.

I take it you ladies have not met?

Ah, lads, there is fun in the offing!

DragonRider
April 24, 2007, 07:07 PM
N2 HK is mine, only gun related thing on the outside. Welcome to THR.

John

Desk Jockey
April 24, 2007, 07:10 PM
Welcome, Nicole, glad you found us here.

YAWMATUO

ShooterM -

It's not just backward, it's mirror image. It's intended for the driver in front.

Similarly, I recently saw a jacked up F250 with "Slower traffic keep right" across the top of his windshield, in mirror image.

ArmedBear
April 24, 2007, 10:41 PM

We only steal hearts.:D

ShooterMcGavin
April 25, 2007, 02:42 AM
That's my car!
Welcome to THR Nicole! I am sorry to have posted your car and license plate on the internet. I never thought the owner would actually find it :)

That's odd.... I also drove my car across the country, coming from Massachusetts.

Desk Jockey, I actually did notice that it was a mirror image, but I didn't really think about it being useful to the driver in front of you. That's a good one.

Taurus 66
April 25, 2007, 09:06 AM
What are you talking about?

If you can't figure it out with your BATFeism, then sorry I can't help. What do you do or am I allowed to ask? Custodial? File Cabineter?

Eleven Mike
April 25, 2007, 09:37 AM
I'm not in the BATF at all. It's a joke. I'm not reporting your comments to the govt., honest. :)

But on topic, I'm not saying that all criminals are idiots. Intelligence isn't required to pick up various acronyms. I'm sure a few felons read gun boards or even post. (Gunkid/hardin/John Melvin Davis comes to mind.) I'm just saying that "RKBA" is an inside thing with those of us who actually read about gun rights, so very, very few thieves are going to know what it means.

Sam Adams
April 25, 2007, 12:59 PM

Agreed. That's why I don't have any NRA or pro-gun bumperstickers on my car.

Sam Adams
April 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
By the way, when I was a teenager I took care of the outside maintenance of a medical building...and the Urologist's car had the license plate "PPPPPPP" :D

Lennyjoe
April 25, 2007, 02:56 PM
FWIW, I never leave guns unattended in my vehicle. So the "it could suggest guns inside to a thief" is a non issue.

glassman
April 25, 2007, 08:20 PM
I work with a urologist. His plate...12PCME.

Eleven Mike
April 26, 2007, 12:31 AM
I didn't know urologists had such issues. I mean, why take such work home with you? :uhoh:

Arcticfox
April 26, 2007, 12:40 AM
He is probably a Hindu with a BA from R.K. College of Business in India. ;)

VARifleman
April 26, 2007, 12:51 AM
Same here LennyJoe...I have RFLMAN on NRA plates.

51Cards
April 26, 2007, 07:48 PM
At one of my local gun stores: M1911A1

44AMP
April 26, 2007, 10:37 PM
I always feel sorry for people who live in fear. Even if it is the little fear that because they have a gun related sticker on their car it will cause trouble. I suppose it is possible, but it is equally possible that it will prevent trouble as well. "Insured by Smith & Wesson" is a very popular bumper sticker in some parts of the country.

For myself, I don't care. After a thief spends 20 minutes digging through the trash (fast food wrappers, pop bottles, old copies of Shotgun News and other gun mags, etc.) that I deliberately keep my car full of, he won't find anything of value anyway. And maybe the time he spends looking will be just long enough for him to get caught.

As far a license plates, the most ironic I ever saw was a regular state issue, but because of the timing, it meant something more than it did when issued. It was late September, 2001. I pulled up at an intersection behind a battered sedan with the plate "911-ONO". Not a custom plate, just an ironic combination at the time.

One guy I used to know had a plate that read "44 EAGLE", and he also had appropriate silhouettes in his back window, he was that proud of his toy.

Eleven Mike
April 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
And I feel sorry for people who drive in squalor. :neener:

No, this charge of fear is unwarranted. You don't know me, or why I do what I do. There's unreasonable fear, and there's this other thing called prudence. You might think about that. :rolleyes:

Nicole Hamilton
May 3, 2007, 01:26 AM
Welcome to THR Nicole! I am sorry to have posted your car and license plate on the internet. I never thought the owner would actually find it

That's odd.... I also drove my car across the country, coming from Massachusetts.
Thank you, ShooterMcGavin! And no problem at all about posting my plate. When you have it on back of your car, you have to expect people are going to see it, so I don't think it's much of a secret. And I was definitely flattered you liked it.

Re: the drive across country, it definitely seemed odd to move clear across country and take the Mass Pike (I-90) the entire way! And I was quite thankful I never got stopped. I knew that since I was legal with all those guns in MA and would be legal again in WA that I was legal everywhere in between. But I wasn't sure every cop along the way would know that!

If you enjoyed reading about "I had to share this great license plate." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!