Whoops...two goofs for the price of one article!

PDA

Pixel
April 23, 2007, 10:53 PM
Goof 1: New Bern, NC police officer leaves his weapon in a Subway bathroom. :what: Weapon is found by employees and retrieved by another officer.

Goof 2:

Preston said another officer went to the Subway to get the gun and take a report.

He refused to say what type of gun was left, but New Bern officers are traditionally issued a 45-caliber Glock as their revolver.

I'm sure Glock would be surprised to hear they're making revolvers now...:rolleyes:

Full article is here:
http://www.newbernsj.com/articles/gun_33877___article.html/police_officer.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Whoops...two goofs for the price of one article!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PPGMD
April 23, 2007, 10:55 PM
Glock is trying to get the wheel gunners on board with plastic pistols.

v8stang289
April 23, 2007, 11:09 PM
Thats funny, yet unnerving that the cop could be that careless with his sidearm. Especially since New Bern is literally right down the road from me.....

Jorg Nysgerrig
April 23, 2007, 11:29 PM
Why would the officer take his gun out of his holster to do anything in a bathroom?

I don't know the answer to this, but it is fairly common. I'd say every 2-3 months it makes the internet news rounds.

Warren
April 24, 2007, 02:28 AM
I've said it before, reporters and editors can be absurdly ignorant about basic things.

I know cause I used to be one. I worked with them, went to conferences with them and so am never surprised by what shows up in a story.

cane
April 24, 2007, 10:55 AM
If you are sitting on the commode, with your trousers around your ankles, you don't want your pistol exposed where someone could reach under the stall side and grab it. Some people put it on the commode tank top, if there is one, or hang it on the coat hook on the back of the door. The hook method is bad, it's vulnerable to someone reaching over the top and grabbing it and it's out of your reach. Probably the best location is in your underwear (if you wear any) so when you pull up your pants, you can't forget it. I'm surprised people would have to ask this question. All you CCW/CHP holders, what do you do?

SDC
April 24, 2007, 10:58 AM
The "over the coat hook" method has ALSO resulted in more than one AD, when they go to take it back off the hook and press the trigger while doing so...

JLStorm
April 24, 2007, 11:01 AM
I can tell you what all us ccw holders DONT do and thats leave our weapons in the bathroom!

El Tejon
April 24, 2007, 11:01 AM
Apparently the cop has been reading gun boards.:rolleyes: :D

Leave your pistol in your holster and quit playing around with it!

Additional emphasis added=>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

carterbeauford
April 24, 2007, 11:27 AM
http://glockmeister.com/images/grevl.jpg

KMKeller
April 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
Dang! I was there last Friday. I must've barely missed a freebie!!

Seminole
April 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
I mean seriously........ Is he trying to clean it while hes doing his business????

One of the advantages of plastic revolvers is that they clean up real easy with just a single flush! :evil:

armoredman
April 24, 2007, 11:49 AM
Drop trou to knee height, and put pressure against the wasitband with knees, to keep them falling further. Keeps sidearm at easily grabbed, (by you!), knee height, away from anyone's prying eyes/grabbing under the stall door hands, etc. Awkward at first, but becomes easy with practice.
What I used to do, when doing armored, was scope out what places I was going into that had individual locking restrooms. Better security.:)

secamp32
April 24, 2007, 02:38 PM
He refused to say what type of gun was left, but New Bern officers are traditionally issued a 45-caliber Glock as their revolver.
That would be the Glock 7 1/2 revolver. It is all plastic and invisible on airport x-ray machines. :neener:

DRZinn
April 24, 2007, 03:35 PM
Drop trou to knee height, and put pressure against the wasitband with knees, to keep them falling further.Or just sit with gun side to the wall.

Or take it out and put in the leg of the downed trou'.

dralarms
April 24, 2007, 07:53 PM
My brother lives in New Bern and said that they probally couldn't find the right end of the gun anyway.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whoops...two goofs for the price of one article!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!