revolver barrel shortening

PDA

CZ.22
April 23, 2007, 10:06 PM
My curiosity was peaked when I read a handguns article on the .41 mag, and that some cops would make their M58s into snubbies- I assume this was accomplished by sawing dwonm the barrel.
Now I know a new front sight would be added but what about the ejector rod stop on most modern Smiths-would a new one of those be added?

If you enjoyed reading about "revolver barrel shortening" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
April 23, 2007, 11:09 PM
You can cut the barrel down to 2.75" on current K, L and N frame S&W revolvers without modifying or changing the ejector rod. (I just measured my S&W M619) That's why the Ruger Police Service-Six's barrel is 2.75", so that you can have a full length ejector rod. I would guess that was the length of the cut down barrel when they were done modifying their revolvers.

If you enjoyed reading about "revolver barrel shortening" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!