did Mauser ever make an action with a magazine cutoff...

PDA

Kaylee
April 23, 2007, 10:15 PM
Or in that time period, were the Springfields the only ones still thinking along those lines?

If you enjoyed reading about "did Mauser ever make an action with a magazine cutoff..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nbkky71
April 23, 2007, 10:17 PM
Didn't Turkish mausers have a magazine cutoff

Niner
April 23, 2007, 11:15 PM
Enfields had the cutoffs.

Avenger29
April 23, 2007, 11:23 PM
The Mosin Nagant has a cutoff. But then again, it was added to help with the rimlock issue of the rimmed cartridges.

Onmilo
April 23, 2007, 11:31 PM
I know the earlier Model 71 and 71/84 blackpowder Mausers had cut-offs.
I cannot think of any smokeless powder Mauser that had a cut-off but I am sure some country placed an order for a model with that feature at sometime.

Because the Mauser smokeless powder rifles could be clip loaded or loaded with individual cartridges as needed, I believe the Mauser brothers didn't feel a cut-off feature was required or neccessary in their smoless powder designs.

Bwana John
April 24, 2007, 12:56 AM
I think I saw a 93 or 95 Mauser that had a mag cut off.
I cant remember in what context:confused:

jrfoxx
April 24, 2007, 08:18 AM
according to this site: http://www.turkmauser.com/93/ 1893 Turkish Mausers did have a cut-off, but many were removed at some point in the future (during re-arsenal in the 30's would be my guess.).Mine doesn't have the cut-off.

If you enjoyed reading about "did Mauser ever make an action with a magazine cutoff..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!