Zombie Literature

PDA

bogie
April 24, 2007, 01:32 AM
Guys, I'm about a third of the way through it, and World War Z, by the same guy who did the Survival Guide, is rocking...

Basically, he has travelled the reclaimed globe, and compliled a complete after action report, with interviews, about the African Rabies, the Great Panic and the zombie wars.

And a lot of it rings very true - some interesting takes on "what if" kinda stuff, given different cultures, mindsets, etc...

If you enjoyed reading about "Zombie Literature" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoppy590
April 24, 2007, 01:34 AM
it is a good book. finished it in 3 days. see my sig for the website.

Max brooks, son of Mel brooks, is a genius

he also points out how we shouldnt abandon or beat up our military over what he calls "wildfire wars" because some day we may need them., but all the experienced men will have left

Eleven Mike
April 24, 2007, 01:52 AM
I don't believe in Zombies. They are not real. Those books are made up, and that's a fact! :cool:

bogie
April 24, 2007, 02:02 AM
Just wait until you hear their eerie moans and groans, as they stagger down your surburban street, hungry for fresh brains to munch upon...

Seriously,

Spoiler:

I really dug how they dissected battles, and described how most conventional antipersonnel tactics and weapons were useless, and how the troops would fall back on training (aim for center mass) even when they KNEW that it didn't work.

Why? Fear.

Run&Shoot
April 24, 2007, 02:06 AM
Hmmm...if zombies aren't real, then what was that staggering around the back yard that I just hit in the head with a shovel?

p2000sk
April 24, 2007, 02:13 AM
I finally became a member after enjoying chapters of a zombie story here.
I think the contributing members screenname was Mordechaillewicz. My
track of the story was lost and I wish I could find it again. If someone could direct me about how to locate that thread I would be appreciative.

Eleven Mike
April 24, 2007, 02:15 AM
bogie,

Get off the internet, quit believing in silly conspiracy nonsense, and wake up to the real world. There are no creepy undead zombies. No one's trying to eat your brain. This is all just designed to sell books to gullible kids like yourself.

These books are not real. Anyone with a delicious brain could see that. But it seems all the High Road wants to talk about is their fear of zombies coming to eat their delicious brains in the dead of night. As if you could stop us or outrun us. So why worry about it?

bogie
April 24, 2007, 03:15 AM
Damn, but I wish I was a gullible kid...

As for creepy undead zombies... I see them every day, staring slackjawed at their television sets... That's bad enough... But the internet zombies... Oh, the horror! Many internet zombies are fairly easily identified, because they obviously need to work on the "sense of humor" thing...

JWarren
April 24, 2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the tip on a good book Bogie.

In a few weeks, I have somehow got myself roped into going to Disney in a RV with:

My mother and father
My wife
My Sister
My sister's kid.

I've already figured out my gameplan: Bring a LOT of books, and duck in the back for 12 hours going and coming.

I'll make sure that is on my list.

Speaking of the walking undead, Disney should be good training. :)

John

TexasRifleman
April 24, 2007, 09:29 AM
As for creepy undead zombies... I see them every day, staring slackjawed at their television sets.

The Zombie population temporarily doubles when American Idol is on, expect an attack during that time......

Eleven Mike
April 24, 2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah, work on the sense of humor thing. :D

clipse
April 24, 2007, 10:20 AM
p2000sk,

Here is the link to that story. It is dead. The author stopped updating it quite awhile ago. Very sad too, cause that was an awesome story.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=237448

bogie
April 24, 2007, 10:56 AM
It's a small world...

If you enjoyed reading about "Zombie Literature" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!