Remington 700 SPS DM

PDA

sarduy
April 24, 2007, 04:25 AM
Hello THR Members!

i just order a 30-06 Remington 700 SPS DM.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7854/mainbty700spsdmtp0.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts of this weapon as a sniper rifle?

effective range? (this is very importand)
lethality?
Accuracy (I know it's more who's holding the weapon)
Practicality?

Any additional thoughts to it if any at all
thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 700 SPS DM" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ProficientRifleman
April 24, 2007, 06:22 AM
First, I believe you mean, Long Range Target Rifle. No mere citizen NEEDS a Sniper Rifle...jeez....

Second, enjoy your rifle. Learn to shoot your rifle well. Hone your skills so that YOU can shoot up to your rifle's potential. Learn to shoot to your rifle's potential out to 600 yards.

Third, while you are doing the above, read everything you can on fieldcraft. Pay no attention to the equipment race. Hone YOUR skills.

Fourth, buy a Dillon RL550 loading machine. Learn how to load your own ammo and find a load that your rifle likes and that you are comfortable shooting (meaning, that you shoot well).

When you can truly wring out your rifle's potential, it might be time to upgrade your equipment.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 700 SPS DM" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!