THR needs a RANT forum!

PDA

Kindrox
April 24, 2007, 11:59 AM
THR needs a rant forum. I just need a good rant. So I got a good deal on some AR15 butt stocks (from a private guy) and sent the money via money order. Having been burned before with the post office ‘failing to deliver’ I just always pony up the $.60 for delivery confirmation.

I see that my money was delivered well over a week ago, so I call to be sure everything is on track. Oh, he never got the money. I called the money order folks and no, the money order has not been cashed, so what the heck?

If he was going to rip me off, he’d have to cash the money order, and yet the post office says they delivered. Did he loose the envelope? How do you lose hundreds of dollars?

Arg!!!!!

I do have a question, what is the most reliable way to send money to possibly unreliable people? Is it a money order?

If you enjoyed reading about "THR needs a RANT forum!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lennyjoe
April 24, 2007, 12:03 PM
No real reliable way but a postal money order seems to be one of the better methods. You can file a claim thru the post office and they are suppose to follow up on that.

Hope all ends well for you.

kfranz
April 24, 2007, 12:05 PM
One of the reasons THR is THR is that there is no RANT forum...

bogie
April 24, 2007, 12:07 PM
Common sense works wonders.

The guy probably decided that it looked like some sorta junk mail.

Mannlicher
April 24, 2007, 03:00 PM
no, we just need fewer self absorbed, silly rants. :rolleyes:

Kindrox
April 24, 2007, 03:15 PM
Most junk mail is not hand addressed with a big green delivery confirmation bar code on the front side . . .

220_Swift
April 24, 2007, 03:21 PM
Delivery confirmation just means it is delivered. Not neccesarily delivered to the CORRECT address, just delivered. I constantly get my neighbors mail, and mail for people who are on the other side of town.

hso
April 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
Deal only in mail that has to be signed for like USPS Priority Mail with signature required (http://www.usps.com/all/shippingandmailing/overnightguaranteed.htm). That way they have no way to deny they received it.

If you use a US Postal Service Money Order and they fail to ship and cash it they could be guilty of mail fraud and the Postal Inspectors can investigate.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR needs a RANT forum!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!