Utah Army National Guard locations are now "Gun Free Zones"

PDA

PvtPyle
April 24, 2007, 12:50 PM
The UTANG just announced that ALL UTANG locations are now gun free zones. Soldiers were already prohibited from carrying their CCW on base, but they just announced that this prohibition now extends to the Security Forces. Thats right, they have taken away the Guards guns.

To make matters worse, they made the announcement public. And anyone entering the bases will see the absence of firearms on the Security Forces.

I am giving serious consideration to extending our offer of free CCW classes that we have for University students and staff to anyone with a valid Military ID. While they may not be able to carry on base, at least they will have the option to carry in the free parts of the state.

If you enjoyed reading about "Utah Army National Guard locations are now "Gun Free Zones"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
phoglund
April 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
That's amazing as I just watched a video about the ability of students/faculty/staff to carry CCW weapons on the University of Utah campus. So, college kids can carry but military personal cannot? Crazy world we live in.

(This is not to say college student's should not be able to carry)

PvtPyle
April 24, 2007, 01:39 PM
Well, what this says to me is that the command staff is now wide open to an attack, as well as any of the armories and ammo supply points.

Dumb@$$ed politicians.

MD_Willington
April 24, 2007, 01:47 PM
but but but.. they are trained to use firearms... only the Army and the Police should have guns... {/sarcasm

Man, that's pretty D**n Stupid... What's going on, have they cloned Forest Gump'ness and made it a DNA treatment for .GOV employees?

bluecowdawg
April 24, 2007, 01:49 PM
***???????

how will they defend against enemies foreign or DOMESTIC now?:confused:

atomicferret
April 24, 2007, 01:53 PM
So, free ammo anyone?

It was the politicians that made this desicion??? I thought that the UTANG would have some kind of autonomy. Or that it would follow the same logic as Universities, ie..only UT legislature can decide where guns are allowed

Correia
April 24, 2007, 01:54 PM
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

But from what I've seen of the Utah NG higher-up leadership, I'm not really shocked. Idiots.

SamTuckerMTNMAN
April 24, 2007, 01:57 PM
would love to put this up on sites

thanks

st

Lashlarue
April 24, 2007, 01:58 PM
I could find no record of this story.Although yesterday a new CO took command,,,,Link please, or I consider this as BS

ATW525
April 24, 2007, 02:01 PM
Wow... stockpiles of automatic weaponry under unarmed guard. That is a brilliant idea!

romma
April 24, 2007, 02:07 PM
beyond Words

Chad
April 24, 2007, 02:12 PM
I'd think this would be a UANG decision...maybe influenced by politicians?

romma: Now that I'm reminded who I stole it from, thanks for the sig line. It's on the wall in my office.

Devonai
April 24, 2007, 02:15 PM
Wait a minute, Private. Are you saying that even the MPs are no longer armed?

Live ammunition is already tightly controlled on National Guard facilities, but the 31 Bravos pulling security are sure as heck armed.

Creeping Incrementalism
April 24, 2007, 02:46 PM
What are they supposed to use, man? Harsh language?

http://www.foxhome.com/alienlegacy/assets/aliens/characters/2cha_imgfrost.jpg

El Tejon
April 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
Not harsh words, an even deadlier weapon in Utah--coffee!!!:what: :D

#shooter
April 24, 2007, 03:09 PM
Please post link.
TY

PvtPyle
April 24, 2007, 03:15 PM
There is no new CO for the UTANG, it is the same old 2 star. He is a poltician. Anyone above O6 is nolonger and officer, they have become a politician. I doubt the Govenor even knows about this.

There are not MP's guarding the facilities, they are contracted security. It's the National Guard.

As for a link, I am not posting internal emails, but it has gone public already. If you want verification simply go to one of the facilities and look or ask the guards. But you can rest assured that it is true and that I am not in the habbit of going online and posting rumint.

SamTuckerMTNMAN
April 24, 2007, 03:36 PM
I never said you were posting rumor intel, but if someone gets a link please post it because I would like to send it or share with others who are interested but not into internet forums as a rule, also to put on websites I manage. At the moment I dont have time to search for it but someone here prob does, and one who has direct knowledge may have a better lead in that regard.

thanks
ST

pax
April 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
Oh, that's funny.

Real funny. :scrutiny:

pax

Outlaw Man
April 24, 2007, 04:40 PM
Now if we can just get some of the Federal agencies to adopt this policy! :neener:

I would hope that there is at least some armed security at the arsenal.

Nomad, 2nd
April 24, 2007, 04:49 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Don't worry, I'm sure the Nasty Guard's regs are the same as the Corps.
Atleast one Armorer MUST be armed at all times. (Inside the Armory)

Correia
April 24, 2007, 05:10 PM
Dude, PvtPyle IS THE ARMORER.

Nomad, 2nd
April 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
:what: :banghead: :cuss: :what:

PvtPyle
April 24, 2007, 06:30 PM
And they don't let us, let alone require us to be armed in the armsroom. Someone could get hurt with all those weapons laying around.

Avenger29
April 24, 2007, 06:44 PM
Well, that's stupid. That means that my house has more security than a UTANG base. And I only have a couple of rifles and shotguns, but by God, they are all loaded.

So, can I just back up a Duece and a half and get me some good toys?:what:
I guess I am supplying the ammo at the next Fun Shoot

vta33
April 24, 2007, 06:49 PM
Well, I searched the Net for the story but couldn't find it.

However, I found a good story that mentions the U of Utah and its policy to allow students who are licensed to carry a gun.

http://independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1958

thumper723
April 24, 2007, 06:50 PM
You mean to tell me I have better armed securtity guarding my T-34C TurboWeenie (unarmed trainer turboprop) than guarding NG Armories?

PvtPyle, that is insane. And I agree on once they make flag/general, they tend to be politicians.

ArfinGreebly
April 24, 2007, 06:51 PM
Wow.

[Inarticulate]

Just [inarticulate] wow!

[gurgle, koff, hork, inarticulate, choke]

Holy mother of wow.

Are there any civilians in Utah that would like to call for this, uh, general ossifer, to be relieved?

How, in the name of JMB, is an unarmed body of soldiers supposed to protect anybody?

Nightcrawler
April 24, 2007, 09:17 PM
Well...

I'm REALLY glad I didn't take the job at Camp Williams now... :uhoh:

stevelyn
April 25, 2007, 01:20 AM
The military has always maintained a level of institutional dumbness. I'm surprised to see it trickling down so much to the NG. An officer displaying this level of idiocy is wasting talent by not being on active duty.:rolleyes:

jfh
April 25, 2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see a link--but the credibility by the posters in this thread is beyond questioning.

How'mI gonna settle down and go to sleep--all I do is giggle.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Utah Army National Guard locations are now "Gun Free Zones"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!