Used Remmingtion 700VS .223

PDA

BBsteel
April 24, 2007, 03:30 PM
Looking at a used Remmington 700VS .223 toped with a Bushnell Elite 3200 5X32 power scope. The GS wants $649 for the gun with no box. Seems like a good deal but I need to check my blue book tonight.

What kinds of things should I be looking for on this gun? It seems like it has hardly been shot!

If you enjoyed reading about "Used Remmingtion 700VS .223" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LkWinnipesaukee
April 24, 2007, 04:47 PM
I am NOT an expert.

But check the bore, barrel, et cetera. Check the safety, trigger, and the stock for cracks. Check the screw holes to make sure they're not stripped. If you are lucky enough to be able to bring it to a range to test shoot, do so.

BBsteel
April 24, 2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

What do you think about the pricing?

MarshallDodge
April 24, 2007, 07:58 PM
Sound like a good price to me but I am not real familiar with the scope. You will love the rifle though. Mine is deadly accurate with 50 grain Vmax's.
One nice thing about the Remington is the adjustable trigger that comes with it.:cool:

aubie515
April 24, 2007, 08:22 PM
In years past you could purchase a VS model for around $600-650 new. That being said, Remington did raise it's prices in 2007. The scope sounds like it's more power than what you need, but the 3200 series is a decent scope. Depending on the condition of the rifle, I'd say it sounds like a good deal to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Used Remmingtion 700VS .223" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!