Screwin'

PDA

wogbg
June 17, 2003, 12:34 PM
bought my son a 700bdl for graduation and had the iron sights removed. The screws that attatched the sights to the gun are square-headed and sort or stick up on the barrel. Where can I find rounded screws that will fit flush to the barrel? Thanks--Bill

If you enjoyed reading about "Screwin'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black_Talon
June 17, 2003, 01:18 PM
They're called "plug screws" and you can certainly get them from Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=792) but you probably don't need as many as they'll want you to buy. I'd try calling a few local gunsmiths and see if you can get a couple that way.

wogbg
June 17, 2003, 05:12 PM
B-T-- Thanks--We don't have many gunsmiths in the area, but I do prefer looking to having to buy more than I need, and mail-order etc.--Bill

W.Va.Glassman
June 17, 2003, 11:55 PM
Do you want to sell the sights?I have a 700 that needs a set.

wogbg
June 18, 2003, 04:45 PM
I gave the whole shebang to my son and he's about three hours away, but I doubt he would want to part with them, sorry.--Bill

Art Eatman
June 23, 2003, 12:30 AM
If you're in no rush, I can mail you some, come July 1st-ish. I'll be back at my "wild animal box", then. You can PM me with an address; I can leave that "on file".

:), Art

wogbg
June 23, 2003, 04:41 PM
Art-- not sure if your reply was to me( for the screws) or to W VA (for the sights). If it was to me I really appreciate the offer, but I talked to a local country Gunsmith who thought he had some "somewhere", if that falls thru, I'll get back in touch--Thanks--Bill

If you enjoyed reading about "Screwin'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!