Short term rifle storage in SF/bay area... ideas?

PDA

j1133s
April 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
Well, I'll be visiting CA soon, but the place I'm staying at (a relative's house) won't allow firearms in the house. I'd like to bring a .22LR rifle with me for some silhouette matches while I'm there.

I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.reedsindoorrange.com/range.html#05
(Unfortunately Reeds only has pistol sized lockers.)

My last resort would be to chain it to my car and remove its bolt. Maybe I'll even remove its barrel/action too.

Any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Short term rifle storage in SF/bay area... ideas?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunsmith
April 24, 2007, 04:26 PM
try Jackson Arms, they're nice folks

pbhome71
April 24, 2007, 04:31 PM
Many of the club also has FFL. This means that they should have a safe on sight.

You may want to check with the club that you will shoot the match to see if they can store it for you.

-Pat

Guns_and_Labs
April 24, 2007, 05:45 PM
Bullseye in San Rafael used to have a bunch of old school lockers for rent, bring your own lock. They were long enough for a carbine, or take-down.

Richmond R&GC has several safes for their loaner rifles. I have no idea if they could store visitors' stuff.

What part of the Bay Area will you be in?

j1133s
April 24, 2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I've called Jackson Arms and target Masters, but they don't have lockers. I think the suggestion of contacting the club and see if they have something like this is great.

I'll be in the south bay, Cupertino area. I'm planning to shoot at Sunnyvale Rod and Gun club's smallbore silhouette match. And if I'm in CA around July, I'll shoot the CA state IDPA match at the Richmond club.

If you enjoyed reading about "Short term rifle storage in SF/bay area... ideas?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!