Which Pro-Gun Orginazation to join?

PDA

Roadwild17
April 25, 2007, 12:32 AM
I've got a little bit left over from my signing bonus with the new company, and I'm at the point where I need to stop being selfish and give back, so I've decided to join a pro-gun organization.

I've heard a bunch of people having questions about the NRA lately, so I was wondering if you guys fell there still the first group to join.

Just more info, I'm planing on joining the Texas State Rifle Association about a year after I move there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Pro-Gun Orginazation to join?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
whitetiger7654
April 25, 2007, 12:45 AM
Read the following link:
http://gunowners.org/a042307.htm

Now you know where the NRA stands. Does that help your decision?

AlaskaErik
April 25, 2007, 12:53 AM
GOA is definitely more activist than the NRA. But the NRA has numbers. I became an NRA Life Member before the internet was invented by Al Gore, but they were pretty much the only game in town back then that I knew about. Today I would probably go GOA.

Richbaker
April 25, 2007, 01:32 AM
The more, the merrier...I've been NRA for years, just joined GOA yesterday. Join both...

oldfart
April 25, 2007, 01:34 AM
There was a time when I belonged to all three, but then I retired and money became a bit more scarce. Now my heart belongs to the GOA but in order to keep using my club range, I have to send my money to the NRA.

camacho
April 25, 2007, 01:45 AM
The only thing I can tell you is that if you want real results join the NRA. If you want rhetoric and empty posturing there are others.

cracked butt
April 25, 2007, 08:09 AM
The only thing I can tell you is that if you want real results join the NRA. If you want rhetoric and empty posturing there are others
+1
Other things the NRA does (not even close to an all-inclusive list):
-Offers training classes for a variety of gun related activities.
-Promotes and is the governing body in a wide number of shooting sports.
-Helps with development of shooting ranges in the forms of legal and design advice as well as monetary grants.

Levergun
April 25, 2007, 10:16 AM
There is strength in numbers. Get a life membership to the NRA and give one to a child too.;)

Nicolai
April 25, 2007, 11:07 AM
When I became an NRA Life Member, I started using the $ I would have spent on annual dues for other RKBA organizations. My wife and I are both NRA Life Members and we are GOA and Texas State Rifle Association members.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Pro-Gun Orginazation to join?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!