Scope base for a 629 Classic

PDA

bearmgc
April 25, 2007, 03:52 AM
I just traded for a SW 629-4 Classic DX, that has been drilled and tapped for a scope. Question. What kind of scope base would fit, and what kinds are best? This will be my first scoped revolver. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Scope base for a 629 Classic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
April 25, 2007, 08:57 AM
I like these www.jackweigand.com/swhpmnt.html

Okay, they're the only ones I've used, but they came highly recommended.

John

JoeHatley
April 25, 2007, 01:02 PM
+1

The Weigand base works perfectly.

Joe

bearmgc
April 25, 2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks! That's what I'll get.

LHB1
April 25, 2007, 05:42 PM
I think I used the Leupold base made for S&W 629 Classics on both my guns. Have had/used them for 15+ years with no problems with Leupold 2X EER scopes.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

YodaVader
April 25, 2007, 09:03 PM
I used the Millett or Leupold , the Millett is the least bulky and is a steel base where the Weigand is aluminum. The Leupold is excellent too and is a steel mount. Here is my Millett on my 629 . I used the blue but they have the silver finish too. Now if you want the Weaver style then the Weigand should be fine.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/celestron4/629ClassicMillett.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Scope base for a 629 Classic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!