Anybody catch Leno last night?

PDA

BHPshooter
April 25, 2007, 10:14 AM
Bill Maher was on The Tonight Show last night. That in and of itself probably says all that needs to be said.

Naturally, the VT shooting came up, and he said that he couldn't believe that it hasn't lead to discussions on gun control.
Jay asked, "Why do you think that is?"
"Because gun owners are selfish. They only care about themselves and having their guns, because they have small penises." Of course, he admits that he's a gun owner.

I probably don't need to tell you that Bill Maher is one of my least favorite people. He is a poor comedian who is posing as an even worse political commentator. Obviously the man "makes waves" for a living, but some of this crap is unbelievable.

Gun owners shouldn't have to eat this kind of s#!t. I'm considering writing some letters, but I would assume that with his omni-directionally offensive nature, Maher probably gets TONS of letters daily.

Your thoughts?
Wes

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody catch Leno last night?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
April 25, 2007, 10:31 AM
I admit it, I didn't even know the Tonight Show was still on the air, much less anything about this Maher guy.

Other than that, sticks & stones, etc.

John

walking arsenal
April 25, 2007, 10:35 AM
"Because gun owners are selfish. They only care about themselves and having their guns, because they have small penises."

My wife says that statement is incorrect on both accounts.:)

Joe Demko
April 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
Don't let Maher upset you. He's irrelevant. So is Leno. The Tonight Show hasn't been worth watching since well before Carson left.

Ed Wagner
As a Vietnam vet and former LEO and life long gun owner, hunter, if owning a gun / guns to protect myself and family makes me " selfish " then I must be the most selfish SOB Maher ever imagined. Maher size does matter, for magazine capacity that is.
Ed

grimjaw
I've seen the Tonight Show perhaps twice since Leno took over, and I've never seen Maher's show.

jm

the naked prophet
April 25, 2007, 10:43 AM
He claims gun owners have small penises. He admits to being a gun owner.

We can suppose that he doesn't go around sticking his hand down other gun owners pants (if he did, he would probably have been shot by now).

Therefore, his sample size is in all probability = 1. His own.

Simple use of logic. I wish Jay Leno had thought of that...

cameron.personal
April 25, 2007, 11:03 AM
Jay Leno was the one that pointed out that Maher was a gun owner after the remark by Maher about penis size.

I watched it, Maher is a prick.

gggman
April 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
I have to admit that I don't know who Bill Maher is, (I never watch TV), but how bright can this guy be, if he admits to owning guns immediately after saying gun owners have small penises. What a maroon!!!!!!

JWarren
April 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
"Because gun owners are selfish. They only care about themselves and having their guns, because they have small penises."

So, following this logic, does magazine capacity somehow correlate to your sperm count?

-- John

hso
April 25, 2007, 11:11 AM
Resist the urge to top the other guy and keep it on the high road folks.

CajunBass
April 25, 2007, 11:14 AM
Just who is Bill Maher and why should I give a hoot what he said?

JWarren
April 25, 2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry Hso... but someone had to say it.... :evil:

I'll behave now.

-- John

Kimber1911_06238
April 25, 2007, 11:22 AM
Bill Maher is just a liberal kook....too bad so many people have to listen to his garbage...some of them end up believing it

DonP
April 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
Maher has had 3 different shows cancelled on 3 different networks, ike Rosie, he has a talent for taking someone else's good idea for a show and running it into the ground when he gets control of the format.

He'll do the same to his latest HBO forum in short order too, I'd wager.

For me the Original "Politically Incorrect" was a really interesting show. The panel might consist of a housewife from Dayton, Ohio, A state representative from Utah, Martina Navratilova or similar sports figure and a Hollywood actor.

Maher moderated the panel discussion and oyu heard some really interesting exchanges on the panel, that frequently made the show biz types look as uneducated and ill informed as they usually are. (That had to come ot an end quickly)

When it started to pull good ratings Maher took "creative control" and the regular folks dissappeared from the panel, replaced by the Hollywood types that he was sucking up to.

One of the last shows I saw had James Woods, a pretty smart guy, take Maher and two of his guests apart on the issue of voting rights and the constitutionality and rationale for the electoral college.

I lost all interest when it became an echo chamber for his emerging far left views, with no counterpoints ever offered and a bunch of brainless blonde dimwits that Maher wanted to date for the panel.

NM234
April 25, 2007, 12:21 PM
yet on his show last week, Bill Maher said "I own a gun and I live in beverly hills" (does this mean he is saying he has a small penis :) ) "I can obviously see why someone in a bad area would want one, I just don't see why people need hollow tip bullets" (uhhh..... Bill, the hollow tips may actually SAVE the attacker due to having to use less rounds, and helps to make sure it doesn't overpentrate and keep going, which however rare it would be to hit an innocent in that situation, hitting innocents is one of their main arguements against guns) will this guy make up his mind? I agree with him on some things (not gun control), but he does often say stupid stuff w/o thinking. He is entertaining though and did invite a guest who was strongly against gun control (a democrat US rep. from Montana) who responded by saying "gun control is you control yours, and I control mine"

usmarine0352_2005
April 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
How come everyone is capping on Jay Leno????

Did he say anything bad about gun owners????

From what I just read.......he didn't.

morcoth
April 25, 2007, 12:37 PM
UsMarine,

We are not "Capping" on Leno, we are stating our opinions that he sucks, his guests suck, his jokes are not funny, and the show in general went downhill before carson left.

Bill Maher OTOH bears a strong resembelance to things I used to see my dog scraping off his butt, When even a mutt wont touch it, its bad, and thats just a little higher than I place people like Bill Maher.

Mods, Hope this wasent over the line.

YMMV
Morcoth

Rev. DeadCorpse
April 25, 2007, 12:46 PM

Who is worse? Someone who thinks their firearms are "sex organ replacements", or someone who wants to take everyones sex organs away?

zoom6zoom
April 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
I watched it, Maher is a prick.

But apparently a very small one, according to his logic.
If guns were "replacements" or used as compensation, I don't think snubbies would sell as well as they do!

jeepmor
April 25, 2007, 12:56 PM
TV is entertainment, the facts have always been irrelevant to the aggrandizing and sensationalization.

Guy B. Meredith
April 25, 2007, 12:57 PM
Has Maher been observing gun owner's penises? Okay then, time to fess up to who is shooting without pants. :rolleyes:

Joe Demko
April 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
My gun club has No Pants Practice Night every other Wednesday and Friday. Doesn't yours?

MrDig
April 25, 2007, 01:41 PM
I used to enjoy Mahers show "Politically Incorrect" but have not spent much time listening to him in quite a long time. For multiple reasons, First he is anti RKBA while owning firearms, hypocracy and huberous at it's worst. Second he is anti hunting, so what does he use his firearms for? Third and most importantly he crossed a very important boundry by deameaning the Oval Office, not the person occupying it the office itself, to me it was almost sacreligeous. He is at best a hypocrite and at worst an arrogant, self-righteous boor.

romma
April 25, 2007, 01:51 PM
I know a lot of women that shoot and own guns... Does that mean?? Ah, nevermind... :uhoh:

P-35/53
April 25, 2007, 02:14 PM
Maher is not even serious about what he believes. He is against gun ownership - yet he has one. He wants to debate gun ownership -yet he inults instead of any thing concrete. I smell an elitist.

-terry
April 25, 2007, 02:31 PM
I like Maher. He's funny, topical, interesting, and skewers the current crop of selfish, crooked, politicians with a sharp stick.

If you're just a one-issue person, fine. I'm a liberal who is strong on RKBA, who carries, who shoots, reloads, and shoots some more.

Ease off guys. Keep your sense of humor. Maher says often that his show is not news, it's entertainment. As a famous "politician" said just before he turned into goo, "Can't we all just...jet along?"

sm
April 25, 2007, 02:31 PM
Don't own a TV and it is rare I watch a TV Show.
I sometimes walk by the TV at College, never pay attention to whatever is on the thing.
Watching a old movie on VHS or DVD , or even some training / education tapes is what I did when I had a TV back when, or have done since.

Tonight Show was a great show when Jack Parr, Steve Allan and then Carson did the show.

Politics? Even before TV Folks were getting others riled up, be they Politicians, Preachers, School Boards, PTA , Entertainers, ...etc.,or J.Q. Public.

Whole idea is to rile folks up so they get off track and waste energies they were using / should be using -fighting to Preserve Freedom, Gun Control Acts, Game & Fish Regs, Voting...

The whole deal is still to rile folks up.

My take is the one I was raised with. Screw 'em.
No need to lower myself to their level and play into their best laid plans.
My time and energies are best kept educating myself and fighting to Preserve Freedom as I see fit. Folks don't like my way - screw them too.

Tonight Show: Back in the day Sammy Davis Jr would do his trick shooting on stage.
Jerry Lewis, although I could not stand his comedian side, was a well know and accomplished quick draw shooter. His effort for St. Jude I respect as well.
I forget the folks names, guys and gals that would shoot an arrow and split another arrow, or hit an aspirin.

Comedy: Carson was Great!
Red Skelton started in Radio and his talents were easy to transition to TV.
Watch an old tape of his and his trigger finger is off until he pulls the trigger on that gag gun with a flag that pops out with "Bang".
Mom has some old tapes of real entertainers, shows, movies and all.
Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - that was the first show to break rules and for sure not be Politically Correct. I often wonder what R&M of old would do with current Politics and Events.

I still listen to Radio Shows on tape, Abbot & Costello's "Who's On First?" is a classic!
These recharge my batteries, then I can continue to do what I do as I see fit.

TV has changed, and over the years has deteriorated as so many other mediums have.

Indoctrination, propaganda, brainwashing, and Marketing - are what these Mediums are really about, fillers for the advertising dollars.

It is reported more folks voted on American Idiot than did last election year.

Yep- keep the folks riled up and distracted and Tyranny gets stronger and stronger.

Sorry - that dog won't hunt with me. Screw 'em. I was not raise that way,and too damn hard headed and old to change now.

2009 folks will have to buy a different Idiot Box. Sad to say folks will rush out and buy one instead of a used .22 rifle to teach a kid how to shoot.

-

Ed McMahon hands Carnic the Magnifigant an envelope that has been hermetically sealed and kept on the door step of Funk & Wagnalls

Carnic holds envelope to brow and says "Tryanny"
Carnic tears opens envelope, and reads :
What one gets from sitting on their backside watching TV, buying into propaganda and not fighting to Preserve Freedom"

plexreticle
April 25, 2007, 02:36 PM
Maher is a small penis.

RCouch
April 25, 2007, 02:49 PM
Maher is santimonious, irreverant, a loudmouth and uses his mouth rather than his brain to blast all our institutions and politicians for his own benefit. I've listened to him a few times and have never heard him say anything worth repeating. Ignore him and he will eventually go away.

DomMega
April 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
The tonight show is a poor form of late night entertainment. If I'm going to stay up late to watch late night television I'll take Jimmy Kimmel and Conan. Jay isn't funny, nor is anything he talks about. They need to hurry up and retire him. He's a nice guy but that doesn't mean he can host a talk show.

#shooter
April 25, 2007, 04:10 PM
They are all irrelevant in and of themselves. Maher and Coulter are two sides of the same coin. Controversial and entertaining (allegedly). Maher tends to flip between liberal and libertarian. His was the only TV talk show I am aware of that had Ron Paul as a guest until 4/23 when Ron Paul was on Lou Dobbs. I happen to like Maher because he will challenge basic liberal and conservative assumptions about the key issue of the day. I don’t agree with all he says but he is better than the “yes” men like Hanity.

bowfin
April 25, 2007, 05:14 PM
The reason Maher can appear as a guest on the "Tonight Show" is because he doesn't have a job anymore as host for his own nightly show "Politically Correct", because he was too unstable for that.

He can also appear on the "Tonight Show" since he doesn't have Coco Johnson to go home to any more, because he was too unstable for her.

So, I guess he is too unstable for me, too, to put any value on his rants. He's just a bitter old man embracing a bitter existence long before his age or life gives him an excuse for it.

R.H. Lee
April 25, 2007, 05:19 PM
You're all giving him more credit that he deserves. Neither Maher nor Leno are very bright. They each have teams of writers who come up with stuff they think is witty and will sell. Both simply read the prepared script off cue cards.

Oohrah
April 25, 2007, 05:39 PM
Shooter, hope that was a joke! Haven't seen many that far left and
on occasion watch to see how far left they can go without stepping
in Doo. Now that Rosie is about to be jobless, perhaps she can apply
for a co host on Bill's show.

skinnyguy
April 30, 2007, 01:01 PM
It just shows how a public anti cannot come up with a decent argument against responsible gun ownership, and therefore has to make a poor attempt at insulting the owners of the guns.

Zundfolge
April 30, 2007, 01:05 PM
Leno used to try to be even handed ... make fun of everyone and not push a particular political agenda.

In the last year or so he's become another shill for the Hollywood leftists and as a concequence has become very un-funny.

Oh well, after the left is done with us evil gun owners, they'll come after the evil car collectors and then he'll wish he'd have been nicer to us.

cbsbyte
April 30, 2007, 01:08 PM
I always thought Maher was libertarian. At least that is what people on THR keep repeating.

Sistema1927
April 30, 2007, 02:50 PM
I own guns because I am compensating for something. My penis is rather large, but it cannot propel a 230 grain bullet at 850 feet per second.

(My apologies to whoever I stole that line from.)

romma
April 30, 2007, 02:53 PM
My penis is rather large, but it cannot propel a 230 grain bullet at 850 feet per second.

Mine is only as thick as a beer can... But at least it's long! I appologize if I came across as unhighroad. But I was talking about my tennis ball container!

WeThePeople
April 30, 2007, 03:04 PM
Just how much education/real life experience do these Hollywood geniuses have anyway? A large portion of America blindly follows their every command without considering the source of the information. Just because someone can do a great interpretation of a professor, president, or doctor, doesn't mean that they have an ounce of intelligence. With that said, there are definitely some well-educated/life-experienced actors out there, but most are truly uninformed and main-stream America deifies them daily.

whited
April 30, 2007, 03:06 PM
Deranged 'celebrity' in

"I Like My Guns but Nobody Else Should Have them..."

Shocker. :rolleyes:

Politically Incorrect, indeed. Probably the biggest misnomer in the history
of television.

#shooter
April 30, 2007, 03:38 PM
Dick Tylock- He is a lefty libetarian. But his shows usually has 1 righty, 1 lefty, and flip-floping celeb. The audience is usually left leaning. If anything consider it reconnaissance. :)

MikePGS
April 30, 2007, 03:56 PM
The more i hear from Bill Maher the less I like him. The episodes of Real Time with Bill Maher that I've seen I've liked... but the fact that he claims to be a libertarian, yet would say something like this is ridiculous.

pax
April 30, 2007, 04:31 PM
*sigh*

Closed, for comments really too far off the high road.

(And I think Art's Grammaw was a little offended at some of the comments...)

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody catch Leno last night?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!