Minimalist AR lower receiver

PDA

MMcfpd
April 25, 2007, 11:44 AM
Another AR receiver question:

A .45 ACP upper receiver finally arrived yesterday, leaving me lacking only a grease gun mag accepting lower short of what I need to build my hoped for .45 caliber AR. I've been pursuing acquisition of the requisite lower on a couple of fronts, and I can see that it's still going to be somewhere between a month (HA!) and several before one is in hand.

I've got an Oly modified Uzi mag, thus all I really need for the moment to get a .45 AR up and shooting is a functioning, standard AR-15 lower. My plans don't really include adding a .223/5.56 AR to the stable in the long run, so I'm hatching a plan to acquire a budget AR lower to use now that I'll later finish out as a .223 plinker for my brother. He does enjoy shooting and keeps a .40 S&W for HD, but he couldn't tell an A2 stock from an Abrams tank.

So, what I'm asking y'all for is any recommendations you might have for a decent quality no frills complete AR lower, readily available, as in now, that will go on to a later service life as part of a minimalist AR.

If you enjoyed reading about "Minimalist AR lower receiver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Joe Demko
April 25, 2007, 12:10 PM
Are the polymer lowers from Cavalry Arms still available? They were pretty inexpensive.

If you enjoyed reading about "Minimalist AR lower receiver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!