give me you opinion...does my selection do good 'overall'

PDA

kmrcstintn
April 25, 2007, 11:52 AM
here's what I got and will acquire shortly

Remington 870 12 ga SPS-T (3" chamber); original 20" turkey barrel w/ Hi-Viz adnjstable sights & XFull Turkey Choke; added full, modified, and improved cylinder chokes; mod choke used w/ #4 Buck; imp cyl choke used w/ rifled slugs; haven't gone turkey hunting yet...maybe this fall

added a 26" vent rib barrel w/ twin bead sight for field use; added a 20" Hastings rifled barrel w/ cantiliver mount & Mueller 2-7 x 32mm scope designed for shotgun/muzzleloader for sabot slugs

in progress...lightly used Winchester M70 Black Shadow in .270 Win; having a Bell & Carlson polymer thumbhole stock fitted; mounted a Sightron SII 3-12 x 42 scope; excellent trigger; wanted a more 'customized' rifle that fit me

in progress...lightly used Browning BLR Lightning in .243; ordering a rear sight; will mount a Bushnell Trophy 3-9 x 40 w/ see-through mounts; want something that is compact w/ light recoil and allows quick followup shots; hope to use this for PA whitetail in the future

I'm not a fan of semiautomatic rifles (PA doesn't allow them for game hunting) and I'm not a "tactical" type of shooter...therefore I got the Winchester for 'overall' medium to medium-large game hunting & longer range recreational shooting; I'm getting the Browning since it's lighter recoil, allows quick followup shots, and is very well built while being light and compact;

I don't do alot of bird shooting or skeet so...the Remington 870 is well built and allows me to do most types of shotgun shooting with a sturdy pump action platform...whadda y'all think...am I well covered?!?

If you enjoyed reading about "give me you opinion...does my selection do good 'overall'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kir_kenix
April 25, 2007, 01:23 PM
no .22 lr? seriously, everybody needs a .22 for plinking, small game, and getting new and young shooters into the sport.

Jackal
April 25, 2007, 01:24 PM
You need a .223, .22 rimfire and you NEED a .308 or 30'06.

If you enjoyed reading about "give me you opinion...does my selection do good 'overall'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!